Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am really needing a clutch to replace the stock clutch. I am about to put in my third clutch, all stock. I know exedy is a good clutch, but is there another clutch that will give me another approx 30% more holding power than stock. but keep the cost down over the the exedy. thanks for all info.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
OEM Exedy= about $425. or so!

I am really needing a clutch to replace the stock clutch. I am about to put in my third clutch, all stock. I know exedy is a good clutch, but is there another clutch that will give me another approx 30% more holding power than stock. but keep the cost down over the the exedy. thanks for all info.
I'd do the exedy & learn to be easier on the clutch, HUH! How many mile's on your car?

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
THIRD clutch? someone rides the clutch pedal at traffic lights and on hills :)... Check with Mcnewsautomotive for a new clutch...They had some good deals

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got a exedy kit for my ST from ultrarev.com and saved 10% using Google checkout. It is the stock replacement kit that has a higher clamp rate than the factory one, and I love it. Grabs hard and not mushy like the OE crap dual mass setups. I think I paid 390 for clutch and flywheel. Look for the Exedy OEM. This was cheapest price of any kit I found except junk OEMs, and it comes with a LUK slave cylinder.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Oh and I am super anal and possible OCD with online research for the best quality, and price, I doubt you will find a better clutch for the money. My dual mass failed at 70000 and clutch disk was seperating. The OEM setup is junk and the dual mass is super expensive, cheapest I found one was 400. If you are replacing your clutch without replacing the flywheel, and it is bad you are asking for trouble. My flywheel caused my disk failure I am sure. Three out of four shops I talked to said you need to replace the flywheel and clutch together, and the last one said ditch the dual mass altogether.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts