Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its about that time to get new pads and rotors all they way around. This is the first brake job I am doing on this car. I bought it with 39k and now has 67k on it. They may be the original brakes on it for all I know. I am tossing around the idea of just going all OEM for my new set up. This car is just my dd and i dont drive it hard or autocross it. Just wanting some opinions...
Thanks!

·
Registered
332 Posts
If u dont drive it hard autozone came out with some new brakes for the svt really decent for the Price or go with hawk brake pads little price but well worth it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
slotted rotors and low dust ceramic brake pads are always nice on any car.

Powerslot is well known for their rotors, and hawk performance or ebc pads are great products as well.

But like shaddow said if you are not driving that aggressivly or using the car for racing (of course on track racing only LOL) then just oem pad or replacements from a local parts store will do just fine.

·
Registered
354 Posts
slotted rotors and low dust ceramic brake pads are always nice on any car.

Powerslot is well known for their rotors, and hawk performance or ebc pads are great products as well.

But like shaddow said if you are not driving that aggressivly or using the car for racing (of course on track racing only LOL) then just oem pad or replacements from a local parts store will do just fine.
I've been running PowerSlot rotors and Hawk HPS pads for 3 years now and have been satisfied with the performance aspect, but my front rotors keep acting up. The first set only lasted a year before beginning to pulsate like a warp. I contacted Centric, the makers of PowerSlot and was advised that they did not recommend Hawk pads. I purchased another set of rotors and pads (Tirerack gave me a 50% discount) and they lasted about 2 years, resulting with the same warped sensation. I had the original rotors turned and installed them this spring, so far so good.
I don't know why I am having this issue, but it may be a problem with the embedded friction material and the rotor surface and not warping at all. When I take in my latest set of problem discs to get turned, I am going to ask for a diagnosis.
My next set will be Centric blanks and just a good quality pad, as my brakes have always been great and found no real improvement over the originals, but I don't autocross or race.
Good luck...

·
Registered
17 Posts
check ebay bought a set cross drilled and slotted with pads front and back delivered 200
I've always been skeptical of no name brake products, even if the vendor says they are better then OEM and meet or exceed DOT specs. Remember these are your brakes your talking about, if one of these no name parts fails, it could be bad. If your were looking for a cheap intake it would be different.

My personal opinion is stay away from knock offs and cheap parts, because you get what you pay for.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts