Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I'm new to the Focus scene. I own a 2000 SE Sedan. The only installs that are on the car are:

1. K&N Air Filter
2. FSWERKs Stealth Exhaust

I'm only in the infancy stages of making changes to my car and I could use some help.

My next project involves Headers. Id like to remove my stock header as well as my stock Catalytic Converter. The issue here is I live in New York and not having a Cat is a big red flag.

Any tips or advise on what I should do? What header and cat combo should i get? I prefer a setup that will be street legal but awesome at the same time.

Any advise will be greatly appreciated. Thank You fellow Focus owners.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Go w/ a svt header & converter.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to Zetec Performance

Felix prob. nailed it for a setup to look stock (since it is on another model).

Best results as well, there isn't one that beats it.

·
FF Affiliate
31,089 Posts
Go w/ a svt header & converter.
Couldnt agree more , worth the cost and any trouble to install and will net you far more performance then any other header out there and you can get a HFC for the SVT header , it classed as a stock production Focus header so you will be stock for your state

Tom

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
^They do make a copy of it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Its looking like the SVT conversion dream might not be a go. i need to have backup plan. i wanted to get the FSWERKs Header. Will it attached to my Cat Converter? Living in NY i need to keep my Cat Converter. Should I replace that as well with a new one? Need some advice :)

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Its looking like the SVT conversion dream might not be a go. i need to have backup plan. i wanted to get the FSWERKs Header. Will it attached to my Cat Converter? Living in NY i need to keep my Cat Converter. Should I replace that as well with a new one? Need some advice :)
Why?^^^^^ Get a svt header & converter,,,,,,

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Its that much better huh ? haha ok need some help finding the parts. Live in NY btw so local pickup is a option for me

·
Thats What She Said
10,704 Posts
The SVT header so such a better job that it is highly recommended that if you enjoy WOT often to get a tune otherwise you will lean out.

Also the great thing is if done right can stay emissions legal. This was an option that Ford them selves use to sell (A SVT header w/ EGR hook up for the ZX3). Keeps both 02 sensors, uses a OEM CAT with the ford emblem stamped into it.

Just know that there are a few things that have to be done, however this is the single best thing that can be done and is the best $ per Hp modification that can be made on this motor.

·
Thats What She Said
10,704 Posts
Just a FYI if you use the EGR you will not need a tune to pass inspection or emissions. you need the tune to make the most use of the change and to help keep the fuel ratio under correct condition during WOT.

·
Super Moderator
8,958 Posts
What happens if we weld a bung in and don't tune? Were not destroying the engine are we?

·
Thats What She Said
10,704 Posts
no you just have a potential to lean out at WOT so if you stay at WOT for long lengths of time you will heat up and could cause engine damage. Also there is power you can gain from them tune and the exhaust.

The car I have the previous owner had the SVT header conversion with no tune and was fine for a number of years.

·
Super Moderator
8,958 Posts
I autocross, it's there an issue there? With leaning out

If I get hood vents will that help? Or would an air fuel gauge be useful here?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts