Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

The main reason I am writing this is to get any advice anyone has for a first timer. I have been reading alot of the threads posted on the site and they have been very helpful so far but not knowing all the abreviations for certain parts is leaving me in the dark a bit.

Also I was wondering about the FS turbo coming out. Would I have to buy the stage 1 and then stage 2 first or are all the needed parts in with the stage 2?

So any advice on what I should start with and then follow with would be very helpful and greatly appreciated.

Thnx

·
Registered
108 Posts
i think about everyone would tell you to start with intake and exhaust. A lot go with either the focus sport or marcy motorsports intake. both have good power gains and are well priced. for exhaust it is kinda up to you and what you like the sound of. if you plan on modding some but nothing too extreme 2.25 is enough in my opinion, but if you are goin to go hardcore go 2.5 or bigger. and i am not sure about the turbo kits maybe someone else will chime in on that

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Oh, and welcome to the list! You'll find lots of good info here...

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
the focussport stage 1 turbo is avaliable now, it is non-intercooled but still safe to use. (randy wouldn't sell it if it wasn't)

the state one is 3,000 dollars..

the stage 2 is intercooled and will have some other goodies...
we really don't know how much this is gonna cost yet. it should be out sometime in early to late summer.

alas: a 2.25 exhuast is too small for anything beyond an intake, and even at that, a 2.5 will work better with the intake. :)

back to the turbo, it is not emissions legal, so hopefully you don't have im240 tests.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nah, we don't have emissions tests here in Montana, one of the benefits i guess. What is a good exhaust brand that has 3" cat-back systems? I hate the exhausts that sound like a pissed off bee. Gotta be a deeper note.

I do plan on getting the stage 2 fs turbo when it becomes available. Would any manifold work? Such as the Cosworth?

And can I use a intake with a turbo?

Thnx for the advice and please keep it coming!

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
you can use the cossie intake manifold fits on the 2.0 and 2.3, but it only makes any power on the 2.3, waste of 700 dollars on the 2.0 and yes it will work very well with the turbo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts