Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!

I just took delivery of a new Focus last night. This morning I noticed that the front bumper has a cut in all the way down to the plastic. [dunno]

I spoke to the manager and the sales guy. They told me to bring it back in next Tuesday morning to have their body guy take a look at the damage.

I am wondering, this is on the plastic bumper all the way through the paint. Should I request that they replace the bumper? Will a touch up on this actually hold?

Looking for advice from people who have had similar situations, or just have two cents to put in.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Fight for a replacement. The car is brand new. You should receive a car 100% fully functional and with no touch up.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
I would request a new bumper. Ford likes to save money anywhere they can.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I would definitely take some pictures of the damage, especially one showing the length and if possible the depth of the scratch.

This is just the kind of owner I am, but under most circumstances I would have probably shrugged it off and dealt with it later. However, given you just took delivery, there is no reason there should be any damage to it.

And just like the other posters mentioned, you'll want to insist on having the whole bumper replaced. Generally, plastic is difficult to work with especially when you have a cut that deep. Anything short of a full replacement probably will look a little off.

·
Registered
220 Posts
A touch up or repaint will not be as durable as the original finish in the long run.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the replys everyone. I will be contacting the dealer and talking to them about it later today. I will update when I have an answer from them!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the answers everyone! I will be contacting them later today. I will update this thread when I have some kind of answer from them!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Of course there's the possibility that someone came along and cut it during the night, in which case you will probably need to get your insurance company involved.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts