Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a brand new stock replacement in the car now (Sachs) and a 12# flywheel. About 500 miles on it.
At high RPM shifts it slips going into the next gear. As in, if I shift @ 7,500 from 2nd to 3rd it'll slip in 3rd. Eventually it grabs and I'm going again. Third to 4th, same thing.
It does not slip if I mash the gas though. Least not yet.

I want a clutch that doesn't have a harsh engagement, so no ceramic or puck styles ... they tend to be to grabby for my liking.
I need to be able to slip the clutch some at the track to launch half-assed decent. But it has to hold the TQ I'm making.
So something that can hold 180-160 ft/lbs is where I'm sitting.

What do I go with?

BTW, I'd say the limit of the stock clutch is 150 ft/lbs. I was fine with stock up until about that point. But maybe the AL flywheel acts differently / changes that point. Dunno.

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
centerforce has a disk clutch that should fit the bill i think. why not throw a 8.5lb flywheel at it too while you're at it? 6 pucks dont engage too harshly i dont think but it DOES take some getting used to. alot less pedal travel between in and out if you understand what i mean but with a little practice it is still plenty easy enough to slip it for a good launch. just my opinion.

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
also just for the record i think that an OE exedy clutch has about 190ft/lbs of holding capacity.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts