Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member to the group. Would appreciate your advice on purchasing a 2004 Focus SVT 5dr, Euro pkg, Sonic Blue, 48k miles. Dealer is asking $14.5k. Seems high for that mileage, but considering the options and rarity of the car, I'm wondering where to start negotiations. Any help here would be great as I'm going to test drive on Saturday. Thanks.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
For the miles, that does seem high, but it may be exceedingly well taken care of. If you get me the vin# i can run it to see the oasis and warranty report. PM me if you get the vin.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I've not shopped for a used focus before, especially not an SVT, but that seems way overpriced. That's what I payed for my '04 ZX3 2.3l, brand new. THat's about 25k miles a year too. THat's kinda crazy. I'd offer 10k tops for it. That might be off base, but it just seems like soo many miles on a 2 year old car to only take, what, $3500 off of the original sticker price, maybe $4000 off the original, for a car with almost 50k miles on it.

What options does it have though, any aftermarket parts? Fully loaded, with those miles, it still feels like too much.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Thats really not TOO terribly overpriced, we have sold two in the part 8 months or so, both went for over $15.5K. The svt's hold their value pretty well.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
i just bought my 04 non euro package with 7.5k for 14500... so u can prob haggle them down a little cuz of the milage but not much considering all the options.

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Thats actually not a half bad price. Last year I paid 13,975 for an 04 with no options and 24k miles, and that was about $1k under book (as I recall anyway).

It was stickered 14995, but when I contacted them they came out and offered me "wholesale" right off, I didnt get any better than that.

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
Last year I paid 13,975 for an 04 with no options and 24k miles, and that was about $1k under book (as I recall anyway).
Hmmm, I'm seeing a trend here...
Are we at that point in time where the SVTF's value is not going to drop that much anymore?
Wishful thinking, but it's beginning to look like it...[;)]

·
Registered
439 Posts
I'd get it but see if you can bring it down to 13.5 and then work your way from there. Just have a lot of fun with it.

·
teh tranny killer
3,130 Posts
ok at first i was like no way, then i checked the kbb value for a car like that and even it says its worth 14,115 http://www.kbb.com/kb/ki.dll/kw.kc.ucp?kbb&36117&;845944&;;ucr;&3;FO;SV

that is what price you should start negotiating at..im thinkin if you can get him down to 13,950 you did pretty good, some dealors dont act too well to the "13.5k or walk" depends on how small the dealorship is really

·
Registered
123 Posts
I just wrote up my Ebay listing for my 04 with 9,000 miles. Screaming Yellow Euro Pkg, I figured $13,500 to $14,000 would be a good price.
The price of these things seem to jump all over the place from time to time. Guess it also depends if you are on the buying or selling side of the equation.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Well I just traded my 04 Sonic blue SVT for a Mustang GT. The dealer gave me 12,500 for the trade with 28000 miles. Dealer auction price is running between 10500 and 11500 on a low mileage 04. If you can get it for 13500, that would be a decent deal. Mine is on the dealer lot, listed at 14290.

http://www.maroone.com/dealers/maroone/default.asp?page=HubPreownedInventory

13th car on the list after you select the make and model

It also still has the mods listed

·
Registered
30 Posts
Damn I already miss her [:(]

I actually drove by the lot the other day just to look at it again.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks all of you for the advice. Seems like a fair deal. Now, the problem. My wife saw it and said the color makes her want to puke. I love it. Oh well. She said she would like an orange one, anyone know of an orange 5 door euro SVT?

·
Registered
28 Posts
04 SVTF shopping

Your wife has good taste. I was deeply into the SVTF market for a few months, bought an orange ZX3 SVT about 3 weeks ago. 22k for $14.5 but most I saw in that mileage range were selling from dealers $15-$15.8 and privately around $13.5-$14.

Personally if I would try to find a lower miles one so you can get any issues fixed under the bumper-bumper warranty, especially looking for a rare car you may have to travel far to find it. Also stick with '04 since the 5yr/60k powertrain warranty was standard.

There was an orange ZX5 at Superior Chevy in Kansas City KS, 20k, they listed it for $17k and offered it to me for $16250 but I don't see it listed anymore. An orange ZX3 just showed up on Ebay I think it is TN, looks good shape and only 15k miles. The dealer's website has it listed for an unbelievable $18+k so they may have an unreasonable reserve on it.

If you really want a particular color and a ZX5, they are out there. Be patient and check Autotrader and Cars.com every week. The cars are coming off of lease and people are trading them in, so if you can camp out on those web sites for a couple months you are likely to be able to find what you like.

Remember all orange and yellow SVT's came with Euro package so that makes comparing prices a bit easier.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
The powertrain warranty was started mid-way through the 03 sales year, based upon the original purchase date of the car.

·
Registered
560 Posts
paid 12.5k for my 04' with every option but the euro pkg and 24k miles.....i wouldnt take it for any more then 12k but if you have trade-in make them compensate the differences in the trade....

·
Registered
191 Posts
Re: 04 SVTF shopping

pangloss said:

There was an orange ZX5 at Superior Chevy in Kansas City KS, 20k, they listed it for $17k and offered it to me for $16250 but I don't see it listed anymore.
[:D] That's my new car. Bought it on the 15th for $15,100.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts