Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put the new clutch in without getting another friction plate like an idiot. The friction plate has 2000 miles on it from the factory clutch and now I have a spec stage 3+. Will the clutch when it breaks in wear in the friction plate to it or should I have ford charge me another 600 to put a new friction disc on?

Because I don't want to have to spend the money if it will end up breaking in properly and be fine.

Let me know

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There were marks but nothing substantial I used an indicator and there was only a couple low spots around .002-.004". What I noticed is when I put the pedal to the floor it semi riengages but slightly off the floor its fully disengaged which leads me to believe its getting to much throw. Im hoping after a couple hundred miles the clutch will wear in and be nice to me.

What do you think? We've bled it like 100 times to be sure there's no air

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
I was having a similar problem. My clutch pedal engaged at the very top of the pedal travel. And when I pushed it in all the way, i think I was over traveling the slave also. It started leaking after only a few hundred miles. So I installed the RAM clutch pedal adjuster. Now I can put the engagement where I like it. Closer to the floor. It works great. Where is yous engaging ?

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My clutch is engaging around mid to 3/4 down and full down its slightly un engaged... its livable but I hope when the clutch settles in it stops I've never had this problem with a clutch before

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
HMMM, I dont know what would cause it to (if I get it) re engauge. It starts grabbing again ? Is that right. Strange.

Only thing I can think of, is at the very end of the travel, the pressure plate is at the stops , and it has more pressure then the throw out and is pushing back, or bleeding off internally ?

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
No clue. Im confused.

If I put the car in gear and push the clutch to the floor it stalls.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts