Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short-

What will hold together Sheet Metal and Plastic really well?

·
Registered
114 Posts
screws and bolts. you could make it industrial looking if your talking about those ebay metal guage surrounds instead of the regular plastic one. epoxy too, but you'd never get it off.

velcro? assuming you wanted it off but want it tight and rigid in relation to one another. or some sort of double sided tape?

i can keep going if you want me to...

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no, I'm not talking about the ebay metal guage thing.

I bought a gauge cluster surround that has the coin tray cut out and a guage pod fitted to a piece of sheet metal which is supposed to be attached to the cluster surround, but it came apart in shipping.

I essentially need something that will secure sheet metal to plastic with very little to no gap. so both velcro and screws are out of the question.

Is there some sort of glue that might work? Maybe bondo?

If it is something like Clay that would work out great to smooth everything out. My roomate has some drywall stuff I might give that a shot if nobody has any ideas.

·
Registered
114 Posts
one of my ideas was epoxy. go get some from freddies or any hardware store, mix up a bit on a paper plate and smear it on with a toothpick. might want to rough up the edges you'll be gluing, but epoxy holds almost anything together, so don't get it on your fingers. depending on the metal, it might not hold perfectly, but it'll be better than anything i can think of.

it should be fine for your application though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts