Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I (like most of you) had a dying clutch master bleed all over my clutch pedal and now the pad is shot, and coming off, and the rubber is dead :/
Well, Ill be honest, Im a cheap ass and didnt want to pay CFM a hundred and something dollars for their pads, and most of the pads on ebay and at pep boys liked like they belong on a civic.

So I tried looking at pedal pads for the RS, and they look exactly like what we have(minus the gas pedal)

they looked great and I bought they for a whopping 9.99 and then 10 for shipping, so Im doing great, Im ahead a hundred dollars.

BUT they dont quite fit...

So Im looking for a way to make these work, There are metal tangs that are apart of the metal piece of the new pedals, I, thinking of removing that would keep it from sitting flat

Im open to ideas

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
my sparco grips (got from passion automotive in the UK for $60 shipped) are held on by 1 bolt (all i had room to get in) then i coated the pedal with automotive goop. let it sit over night. i have tried prying the pedal covers off and they are not going anywhere.

JB weld or a 2 part epoxy would probably do the job too but once the pedals wear you will need new arms if you cant get them off.

·
SVT Fanatic
2,615 Posts
You should have bought a pedal pad from the BST forum on here. That's what I just did last week. Mine was worn out as the rubber on the back ripped and wouldn't stay on; just from normal wear and tear though, not from the clutch master cylinder. Anyway, can you take that back and buy a used one on here?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I paid $10 for the pedals that dont fit, Im not worried, Ill put them on the fSAE car

1 - 6 of 6 Posts