Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just want to seek some advice,comments or suggestion to my totaled ford focus 2002 2.0 spi,I just had the engine of this car replace 5 months ago,the engine is not damage or anything, it still starts as it should,im planning to buy this focus http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/cto/2504740072.html
and transfer the engine from my car to this car,he posted 1400 but we agreed to 900 usd, do you think its worth workin on it, or just dump it, and also the person that hit me runaway so nobody's paying for my car,i dont have much money to buy or pay monthly a car,but if i have no choice,what you guys think?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Registered
140 Posts
Heck I would swap the engines,you could get 500 bucks scrapping the wrecked car out. What did you hit?You got the front and back of the car tore up.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i did not see the person that hit me in the back as it was raining and i spun and hit the nissan sentra, the vehicle on the other lane and that vehicle hit the other lane causing a domino effect

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
only thing i have is that car port and an engine hoist i could rent i have power tools and everything, any special tool i need?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I look at it this way, the car is useless now and even if you want to fix it it will cost you waaaayyy more than $1000 in parts and labor. So I would go for that car for $1000 swap the engines and sell the remaining parts from the wrecked vehicle, you will some monye back from the sold parts at least $500 and you will remain with a good car only for $500 spent, the only thing is it will take you some time to do all this. But with engine swap just get the right tools, a bit of patience and time and te job is done. Best of luck!!!

·
Registered
140 Posts
only thing i have is that car port and an engine hoist i could rent i have power tools and everything, any special tool i need?
Get on ebay and buy yourself a set of Ford Focus shop manuals for your year focus.These manuals will give you plenty of information you will need on removing and replacing your engine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts