Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok who here can help me put in my LSD and final drive gear ok ok you got me I can stand by and stupervise and hand you tools and parts LOL, would it help if I wear something sexy and see I am funny too [rofl]

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
fa sho make sure you wear something leather! lol

if I knew how to I would help you

·
Registered
542 Posts
if you were 100-120, between 5'1"-5'7"
and a nice face Shoot Ill do it all at my house!

Female prefered.

jk

Its not that hard. I dont think. Is it just a simple Trans swap?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tec

you guy are killing me lol

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
robert your 2 buff for me! lol

but seriously if you wana try we can try to install it just need a good how-to to look at.

·
Registered
405 Posts
LSD install and shimming gears is no easy task .... even just swapping the trans takes a good 4 hours if you know what you're doing.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
tec

nobody in CA that can do this for a small fee

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
I'd be glad to help out too. There are guides on this site for installed an LSD.... At least for the SVT that I saw anyways...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
tec

voortrek3 have you ever done this install before

·
Registered
542 Posts
So My guess is you have to take apart the trans and Drop in the LSD gears and something like that?

Unless you really know what your doing, I would not recommend it.

·
Registered
405 Posts
So My guess is you have to take apart the trans and Drop in the LSD gears and something like that?

Unless you really know what your doing, I would not recommend it.
If you don't shim the gears right after reinstalling everything you can grenade your tranny or seriously damage the gears and torsen.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Im pretty sure then its like installing gears in an Axle. The back-lashe and all that stuff have to be just right. Yeah I would not recommend you guys do it unless you guys have depth guages and all the right tools to do it.

·
Registered
896 Posts
LSD install and shimming gears is no easy task .... even just swapping the trans takes a good 4 hours if you know what you're doing.
Kaminari Croc is rite, you dont just open up the tranny and just shove in the LSD. It's a lot harder than that, there's a reason y dropping the tranny is a seperate labor than opening up the tranny.

As cheap as I am, and i like to try to do everything I can to save $, this was something I had FocusSport do.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts