Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a leaky master cylinder dripping into thefootwell. Where should i gO?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
realy,
$$ for parts?
I'm getting quotes around $300 parts and labor

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok answered my own question 25.99 from autozone...

·
slow
1,734 Posts
Wrc_fan just did his an it wasn't to hard to do, just a couple of hours
Yeah, wasn't too bad of a job, the toughest part, IMO was getting the hose clips off and back on the cylinder by the firewall.

Helps to have a small friend to do some the underdash work, its a little tight there.

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
no kidding there. i had to do the same thing with my car about 6 months back. im 6 2 and near 250lbs and that was not fun trying to wedge myself in there

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think i am going to try and tackle this... here goes...will post more info as it becomes available.
looks like 2 days for parts from autozone...

·
Registered
758 Posts
Make sure you give Mike @ Hilbish a call, he can get one cheap, he even installed mine himself out back for way less than what I would have had to pay a tech to install....

Call and talk to him, it may be worth the drive down...

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well, not ordering parts tonight, autozone is down...

it's all weekends for me!!! seriously, the oly good part of being unemployed...

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll give mike a call tomorow, how do i get ahold of him, i know i saw it around here somewhere.

·
Registered
531 Posts
yeah its time to change mine. clutch pedal cover fell off a few days ago and is full of fluid. gotta get the part and put it on a lift. should make the install easier.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Most of the install takes place inside the cabin, so lift FTL on this one! You gotta do it "regular joe" garage style my friend! Suffer with the rest of us! haha!

·
Registered
10 Posts
awww someone else who has the same problem i had!! I had to replace my master cylinder about 6 months ago wasn't fun at all!!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Wow! All you guys talking about this is making me a little nervous. I bought my SVT used, but I haven't seen any of these signs yet. I'm hoping it happened to the previous owner and they had it fixed already. I'm crossing my fingers just in case!

·
Registered
531 Posts
lol youll find out when your clutch pedal cover falls off.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Yeah, luckily, other than the alternator going out, and a broken DSI clip, the CMC is the only thing to go wrong with my car mechanically, other than the wiring gremlin I solved just recently....

just keep an eye every few months or so on the clutch pedal....my brake light flickered a bit as well...

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well part is ordered, leak has slowed, and keeping an eye on it till the parts come.
this will be the third time it has been replaced, but the first two time where a loooong time ago when it was almost new...
At about 35k it had a catostrophic faliure while i was passing a slow rig going up a hill on the highway, the clutch dropped near redline going 70 mph... (fail)
blew the clutch...
2 months later the replacement did the exact same thing, and fryed anouther clutch. How did I get so lucky?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I got mine used too and the guy had it before me drove the piss out of it..sooo i'm slowly but surely getting my svt back to its stock shape!!! When i got it the dealership told me the clutch was good after having them check it..come to find out that night after i got the car..was driving down the interstate started smelling something stopped and tryed to go again wouldn't move...so the clutch went out the same day i got the car!! THEN he had some aftermarket headlights and half ass wired them up and they shorted out and cought on fire soooooo there went 4,000 bucks on a whole new wiring harness!!!...THEN went to get the brakes worked on and the turned the rotors and turned them way tooooooo thin soooo now with my tax return i'm going to get some slotted and cross drilled rotors....LOL thats The story of my svt but..except for the rotors i just about got her right now!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts