Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, So I have had my SVT for a month now. I have done some exterior Mods (decals, underbody kit, etc.) But I need some performance mods. What did you guys do first?
I will be getting an AEM CIA as soon as I get the cash, but money is limited until middle of Jan.
I was thinking about using the stock setup with a Cone filter (I have seen some pics of people who have done it), but I dunno exactly what I need to do.
Plus I would like to just get a few more HP and whatnot (Lowering maybe?)
Lemme know what you'll did first and what you think would be a good idea.
Thanks.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Hello

I dont know where every body has gone to???????

Replies have really seem to slack off on the SVT side. I'm sure they will pick back up....I hope..

Rasconzo, Sorry to be off-topic there. Here is my opinion, I put exhaust and the ORP on first, I've heard about the Cone filter with the stock setup, I dont know if that produces any HP gain, could be wrong on that. I have a AEM CAI and there is a gain, one to be notice for sure. (Sounds great also)

I think that whatever you decide to go with first will be fine, you have to start somewhere and I dont believe there is a rule or a order to go in. Let "US" know by keeping "US" posted on your progress.....[thumb]

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
orp & cai

I'd recommend an off road pipe & an intake. Maybe an exhaust. John claims a 14.9 quarter mile with an orp (off road pipe) & cai alone. Common sense would suggest an orp, cai, & exhaust would give the car more power but this combo might give the engine too much breathability.
If you lower your car I recommend doing it the right way instead of getting springs & calling it quits. If you lower the car properly you'll need springs, camber correction kits, & front & rear shocks.

·
Registered
425 Posts

I agree with Infra3sv about the ORP and Intake for starters

Since you might soon be in the market for an Intake here is an alternative, if you are interested in doing your own CAI Hybrid, and want to save money for other mods. (I made my own for right around 50.00). I modeled this intake after a few I have built for other cars I have owned and the DCAF setup on batinc.net. My near future plans include finishing my engine shield (modeled after Focus Sport's) that I am making out of diamond plate aluminum and extra weatherstripping from a previous project. Haven't gotten around to putting it in the DYI section yet but I will shortly with a write up. It mainly consists of these pieces:

1) Cone Filter (with intake hole at the top of the filter for plumbing the CAI piping) (Ebay)
2) MAF Adapter (Ebay)
3) 3" to 2" rubber pipe adapter (Home Depot) for attaching the CAI to the lower grill
4) Shop Vac hose kit (Home Depot)

Anyway, this reply might stray a little off subject but since you wanted some ideas.........[:D]
-Later

·
Registered
5 Posts
Here's an idea for a custom intake. I did this lastweekend.

In the last picture, you can see the intake tubing behind my lower grill. It seems to work really well. I sealed it all up with high-heat insulation to keep it air tight and keep the heat out. It's about the same idea as the red svt, but my inlet tubing is quite a bit larger in diameter. Hope this helps you.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
How much is an offroad pipe and where could I get one?

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
thanks [:p]

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Is it illegal to use an ORP for a daily driver?

02svtfoci-judging from your battery hook-up you must have some nice stereo equip?!? Got any pictures?

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
ORP is not legal for street use hence the off road part [duh]

·
Registered
425 Posts
Well,

The answer to your first question is that it's only illegal if you get caught.......but you would just bolt it off for emissions if your state does emissions inspection. I tend to agree with the old saying "It's much easier to apologize than ask permission..........but then again I stayed in trouble as a child :)

Second, what you are seeing is a Grounding kit that I was hoping would help the Focus out by providing ,among other things, a better ground for the stereo by attaching it to the bulkhead or Firewall. People have dynoed the Grounding kits and significant gains (varying from car to car) have been seen in the range from 4-6 hp and have also gained some torque if you are interested. I have started doing some ICE but it's limited to custom 10" enclosure, new head unit and incorporating the volume controls on the steering wheel into the system. Future plans might include an indash DVD/Serius system
(not going crazy though since I want to keep the weight additions down to a minimum)

-Later

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Thanks! I thought it looked a little crazy!

·
Registered
831 Posts
Hey turfgrower how did you do that mesh grille, I need to know

1 - 16 of 16 Posts