Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 ZX3, 2005 ZX5
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. Need a little help here. When i picked up my 2006 ZX3 she had a Lot of issues that i have been correcting slowly. Passenger side Brake caliper would drag/clench randomly while driving enough that the car would feel like i was pressing the brake while accelerating and would shudder when pressed while driveing and then after going to complete stop and pump the brake pedal the car would be fine. Forst press would feel hard like fluid still in lines until pumped. I changed Rotors, pads, brake flex hose, calpiers and flushed system. Still does it. Took out and checked fuses. Will replace all 3 fuses tomorrow when car places open due to slight darkened corrosion looking areas. BUT, i took out F15, F25 and F29 to see if the issue was the fuses. What else can be the issue with the passenger side brake?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Ok. Need a little help here. When i picked up my 2006 ZX3 she had a Lot of issues that i have been correcting slowly. Passenger side Brake caliper would drag/clench randomly while driving enough that the car would feel like i was pressing the brake while accelerating and would shudder when pressed while driveing and then after going to complete stop and pump the brake pedal the car would be fine. Forst press would feel hard like fluid still in lines until pumped. I changed Rotors, pads, brake flex hose, calpiers and flushed system. Still does it. Took out and checked fuses. Will replace all 3 fuses tomorrow when car places open due to slight darkened corrosion looking areas. BUT, i took out F15, F25 and F29 to see if the issue was the fuses. What else can be the issue with the passenger side brake?
Im not trying to be disrespectful but can you explain why you are fiddling with these fuses and what they have to with your brake issues? The 2006 Focus Owner manual shows F15 and F25 as 'not used'. Fuse F29 is for ABS. Do you suspect your ABS module?

Paul

1 - 3 of 3 Posts