Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I am out in my garage today trying to install my clear corners and I've encountered a problem. I'm working on the driver side where the air filter shield is, and it's driving me nuts. I undid the 4 mounting screws for it, and I'm trying to disengage the air intake tube from the lower grille. I checked Marcy Motorsport's site since they have a How-to for the air intake, and it involves this step, they say to squeeze the tube to get it out, but it ain't working...

Are there any tricks to this? Should I be squeezing the left and right sides in, or up and down? It's cold out so I'm thinking maybe the plastic is tight from the temp, but I don't know how to get the damn thing out. I'm so close but just stuck on this step, anybody have any ideas?

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
Squeeze and wiggle in all directions. Thats what I did.

·
Registered
52 Posts
i did this from under the car and didn`t have to remove anything else except the corner lights

·
Registered
231 Posts
Yeah i just wiggled and pulled alot. I think i unscrewed the tube too.

·
Gan-San!
2,769 Posts
you mean to take out the orange corners and replace them with clear ones? Yeah, that left side was nasty! I just took the oranges out today and NiteShaded them. I unscrewed the inner wheel thingy (the blackish plastic) and just pushed the bumper out of the way (mind you, the bumper is plastic as well and you could potentially break it if pushed to far out). Took a socket wrench and took off the screwes. My forearm now has red line running them but other than those war wounds, it was cake.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts