Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2003 2 door ZX3 with 60000 on the body and 30000 on the engine and I want to make it my project and i know what i want to do i just need a place that can get it up near me like intake, throttle body, complete exhaust, rods, pistons, cylinder head the works i just need to know of a reliable place to go to near me I live in Webb City MO. Any advise will be appriciated and i will post pics of the car sooon.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Hooray! Welcome! I'm of no help to you though, I have no clue where Webb city is.
Posted via FF Mobile

·
FocusFest Event Team
2,362 Posts
i'm not aware of anything down there, but if you're willing to make the drive to KC then there are several good shops, someof them that do specialize in Fords although none specifically in Foci. That and we have several people here, STL and OKC that really know what they are doing with a focus.

On a side note, check out the thread on the midwest meet this saturday. Would love to have you up if you can make it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice and yes I am will to drive to KC to get my baby modded, I wouldn't trust anyone down here anyways to fix up my car or show me how. In the future I plan on coming to KC for a meet check out everyone s cars get some ideas have some fun. I also would like to know what kind of engine i have because at around 30000 miles a new one got put in and when i went to get a part fixed the part they gave me for my vin didnt work I had to use a different vin part for a different engine, but they mechanic forgot to tell me what type mine is i know its a 2.0 I just don't know what type. I will post some pics of it let me know what you think it is and how the car looks.

·
Hmmmmm
3,706 Posts
they have to be approved first. it is better to use photobucket to upload. also you most likely have a zetec. unless it says split port across the engine.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
A zetec would most likely say it as well... is the exhaust manifold at the front or rear of the engine?
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Looks bone stock, which is good you can start the mods fresh without the worry of trying to fix previous owner mistakes.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice thanks for the help guys so what would be a good setup to get alot of hp going N/A before i put a turbo on. O and it has 17 aci racing wheels that are getting powder coated white soon.

·
FocusFest Event Team
2,362 Posts
well that's a big difference there. a full NA build can use completely different components than a FI build. best thing to do is figure out where you want to be in the long run and start slowly working towards it.

If you aren't planning on going FI for quite a while then maybe get and intake and exhaust to start then build inward (header, TB, manifold, tune, cams, then motor.)

·
FocusFest Event Team
2,362 Posts
depends on if you want a full build or just small turbo setup, but i would probably start saving for the turbo kit (around 3k) and maybe do some simple stuff to prepare for it. maybe catback, brakes, suspension. there are other parts you could get, but they won't do any good once you put a turbo on it.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
I didnt want to go the turbo route.

IMO the car has some decent getup, i just wanted a tad more so im just doing the bolt on route.

Ide rather nickle and dime the engine then to save up $3K which i know ill never be able to do for a turbo.

Ide be happy with 150hp

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well here is my plan for it i want to first get the racing suspension on it and coil overs. Then i want to get my tires put on it and get new rotors brakes and check the axles. Then i want to get eagle rods and pistons and then get my crower stage 2 or 3 cams and a performance crankshaft. Once that is done i want to get the 2000 forged cylinder head i might be wrong on the name. Then i want to put on the turbo kit. My exhaust i want to get is 2.5 e40 magnafolws and my header i am getting is the topspeed header setup. Would this work or do i need to go a different route and with gettin coilovers can i get a cv joint delete.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts