Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a track event at Rockingham on 13 September. Its only a one day event so its convenient for those who are curious or want to drive on a road coarse for the first time. Its a pretty good deal also, check out the link below if you are interested. I will be there, if you have any questions just ask. Can't wait [driving]

http://myautoevents.com/pls/mae/frmEventDetail.Show?psevent_id=9418

·
Registered
30 Posts
Man, I would like to make it to that one but not able to. Have fun out there Jonas and let us know how it goes!!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had a blast at Rockingham, turn one goes into the first banking which is at about 31 degrees my eyes were like[ohcrap] . Overall the course was very fast and suprising amount of turns even though the numbers don't suggest it (7 turns in all). My instructor signed me off to ride solo and man what a great experience that was not having that extra 230lbs in the car. I was proud to keep on the Lotus Exige ass the whole time.

The tarmac it self chew up my tires pretty bad, I'm guessing I only have two more track weekends left on em. The BMW guys were like[rant] when getting passed by a focus. Learned a lot also especially from sitting in on the advance classes, instead of sleeping in between sessions. I am now convinced that the best thing you can do to fully exploit you're cars performance is to invest on the driver first. Once you out grow the equipment you have than its time to get better equipment. Thats my two cents

I will continue to post every time I head out to a track event, If you are curious don't be scared to try it out[poke] .

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Nice job! It sounds like it was a blast. I'd love to get out on the track someday, but I've got to get the money issues sorted out first. Where did you find the instructor, and how much did it cost you? I may have to try to start saving up on the side for this. Any chance that someone got some pics of you out there?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is definetely not a cheap hobby, I feel ya on the money pinch. I made a strict budget where I take care of everything necessities (Bills, savings, consumables, etc) before i put money into my "fun" fund at the end of the month. It works for me

www.Myautoevents.com - Has a great deal of information for all type of events across the entire country!! You can register for most events through here.

www.SCCA.com and www.NASAPRORACING.com
http://www.nasaproracing.com/resources.html
have alot of valuable information as well.

The event at Rockingham was 100 bucks, thats a steal!! Plus it was close by (56 miles) so I did not have to worry about driving excessive (fuel) distances and finding a place to stay. If it was a two day event i probably would have just brought out a sleeping bag and camped out there. SCCA where the ones that sponsered this event. You are automatically assigned an instructor. When you get to the track they either have a "meet and greet" with instructors and students, or the instructor finds you. You normally receive an email notifying you of everything that was not listed on the registration site a week before the event. I plan about 1-2 months ahead of time just so i can get the most out of it, plus I like airing on the side of safety.

Only picture I have is a shoddy one from my cell phone. I'm not big on that any way, my concern are for driving and the condition of my car. There are some badass cars out there, I've noticed an abundance of people taking action photos.

·
Registered
268 Posts
This is definetely not a cheap hobby, I feel ya on the money pinch. I made a strict budget where I take care of everything necessities (Bills, savings, consumables, etc) before i put money into my "fun" fund at the end of the month. It works for me

www.Myautoevents.com - Has a great deal of information for all type of events across the entire country!! You can register for most events through here.

www.SCCA.com and www.NASAPRORACING.com
http://www.nasaproracing.com/resources.html
have alot of valuable information as well.

The event at Rockingham was 100 bucks, thats a steal!! Plus it was close by (56 miles) so I did not have to worry about driving excessive (fuel) distances and finding a place to stay. If it was a two day event i probably would have just brought out a sleeping bag and camped out there. SCCA where the ones that sponsered this event. You are automatically assigned an instructor. When you get to the track they either have a "meet and greet" with instructors and students, or the instructor finds you. You normally receive an email notifying you of everything that was not listed on the registration site a week before the event. I plan about 1-2 months ahead of time just so i can get the most out of it, plus I like airing on the side of safety.

Only picture I have is a shoddy one from my cell phone. I'm not big on that any way, my concern are for driving and the condition of my car. There are some badass cars out there, I've noticed an abundance of people taking action photos.
Is there another event coming up soon like this? I always wanted to go to a road course. Please update us... Thanks and glad you had lots of fun.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is there another event coming up soon like this? I always wanted to go to a road course. Please update us... Thanks and glad you had lots of fun.
I have decided not to go to any more events until spring. Was planning on doing one more but I earned myself my first ticket (100 bucks[slap] ). Will be saving up to do a heavy amount of track time next year from spring till late summer (work related issue late in the year). Hope to see more foci in the paddock [race]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts