Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
If you want a tune go to Tom at Focuspower.com

He is all over the forums and has so many happy customers. I’ve had his tune for 5 months and it make the car so different. The DCT shifts so much better and the throttle responses is awesome. He also raised me redline and shift points for more performance. His tune includes unlimited tune updates. So whenever you add something or just want a check up on your car you can send him a file and he sends another custom tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
If you want a tune go to Tom at Focuspower.com

He is all over the forums and has so many happy customers. I’ve had his tune for 5 months and it make the car so different. The DCT shifts so much better and the throttle responses is awesome. He also raised me redline and shift points for more performance. His tune includes unlimited tune updates. So whenever you add something or just want a check up on your car you can send him a file and he sends another custom tune.

Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile
Definetly interested in Tom's custom tuning. I just want to know if the SCT x3 will work just as well for the SCT x4? OR do I have to have the latest device in order to get the best updates?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I think you can use either. Though I would recommend the X4 because it has a digital screen that can display multiple parameters. I keep mine in the glove box and use it to look at things once a week on the way to work or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
RedLine Tuning Hood Struts

Hey guys!

New parts, good weather and a good friend means install day!
Today I installed my redline tuning hood struts! They sell for $100 and come with all the necessary components and complete, colored instructions. Install took about 45 minutes but not too bad.

A few pointers about the install:
Have at least one other person with you, because when you start to unbolt the hood, it can come out of place easily and potentially hit your windshield. Dylan and I put a blanket down and he held the hood up too, to prevent any damage or bending.

Pulling up the cowl can be a bit tricky but the washer fluid line DOES in fact fit under the cowl. Just watch the fingers. You will also have to trim the cowl a bit so the struts can avoid rubbing.

Next up is a steeda rear sway bar! Hopefully I'll get to it before Charlotte Cars and Coffee on Saturday April 6th! See you guys there??

Photos:

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Hello Again!

After quite some time, I've returned and ready to start working on my car again! Let's debrief here:
I graduated University and moved to Tulsa, OK, for the summer to complete an internship. While I was out there, I got to meet a lot of cool people and see some amazing cars. I enjoyed the time out there, but it's been getting really toxic lately.
I just moved back yesterday and already have plans to pick up my new wheels and tires! I'm going to be picking up Team Dynamics Motorsports wrapped in Federal 595 SS. I know, quite loud, but worse case is I swap and save those for the summer.
I need some advice!

The wheels are 18x8 and I want to lower the car, but not excessively. I was thinking of going with the Ford Performance lowering springs since its just about a 3/4 drop. How does this sound? the tires are going to be 245/40/18

I think I'll be in the clear with this set up, but want to know anyone else's thoughts.

Thanks!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Wheels and tires are in

Wheels are here! Team Dynamics Motorsport 18x8 wrapped in Federal 595 SS. 245/40/18

Unfortunately my lug nuts won't fit. Any recommendations on aftermarket ones?

Lined up the back wheel to get a look. I'm stoked!

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
RS Wing Redo

Lug nuts have been ordered and the wheels should be on the car by early next week! I also ordered automotive paint! That will be going towards the side skirts as well as RS wing.

Today I took apart the wing, and focused mostly on the black accent piece. I cleaned it and sanded it down, then began painting. I used Rustoleum's gloss black 2-in-1 spray, and I must say it's working quite well. I also picked up their clear coat. If this clear coat goes well, then I'll most likely use it on the side skirts and the rest of the spoiler.

Today was just base coat, tomorrow I'll clear it and let it dry.

I also sanded the other main part of the wing. I am hesitant right now to sand the rest, as I only ordered three cans. However, if I can paint both side skirts and have enough paint left over, then I'll go full send and redo the paint on the side pieces of the wing as well....if that makes sense.

Hopefully next week I'll also be able to decide on lowering springs for the car. Stay tuned!

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Starting my build thread! I'll go over the mods done so far before I dive into what I did today:

Current setup: 2013 Focus Hatch SE
Painted wheels
Rally Armour Mudflaps
Rain guards
Painted front grill
Euro-Spec headlights
AEM Dryflow
Snorkel delete
Custom 2.5 inch to 3 inch axle-back exhaust

Today I put together my RS Style ABS Plastic Spoiler. It came unpainted, and I plan on getting it color matched to the car, so that's neat. But today I put it on the car to make sure it fit well and did not rub anywhere. Overall the fitment was perfect, it didn't hit the antenna (I need to get a shorty anyways) and wasn't loose at all. I love it a lot, personally, and I'm excited to get it matched up.

Picture of the final product for now.
The RS style spoiler looks fantastic! I just ordered one for my car. Can't wait to get it installed:)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Keep us posted on the lowering springs. I am thinking about the Ford performance because they are the cheapest and I’ve heard are the best for performance but don’t lower much.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts