Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put a HU with gps nav unit in my 02 Mach Focus.

What are some of the best brands and cost?

I have been reading a lot on this site about upgrading the 02 mach audio edition. Will this install be tough? should I take it to a professional? I have seen many of the motorized units, but I would like pros & cons if available.

thanks.

·
Registered
545 Posts
+1 for pioneer your looking at 1-2k depending on how you do it.

it all depends on the money you want to spend, time you have and your want to do the work your self

if you are cool with buying a 1k$ unit and installing it your self that saves you install costs. if you dont want to install it your gonna pay 2-3$ in install costs

there really is no pro-con that is worth while. its all up to you.

if you got the room to install a double din AV screen in the dash cool. but its gonna cost more

the flip ups are very popular (i have one) and perfer it to a screen on the dash since i like to drive with no lights in the car at night.

its basically all up to your cash flow. if your not gonna dump 1.5 into it then its not gonna be sweet as hell. the new pioneer all in one units are super easy installs and lower cost due to mass production.

the higher end pioneer units are only dvd with add-on navi thats a cool 2-3k right there.

add in XM-traffic Nav and thats a monthly fee + more install

basically save your cash till you can do it right. or just go get something cheaper. but i say go pro or not at all, this is a tool to help you drive if it sucks it was a waste of money in the first place. 600$ or 1500

1 - 3 of 3 Posts