Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a non nav titanium. If I bought a nav SD card on eBay would that be all that is necessary to turn my unit into a nav unit .

·
Registered
967 Posts
Nope

Sent from my Telus Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate

·
Sonic Crew #04
7,513 Posts
no, otherwise people who just copy them. It has to be enabled at the factory, not even just the dealer.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Im pretty sure the operating system for my ford touch comes in two flavors: nav or non-nav and if you have the non-nav version it's never going to happen unless you can somehow get the nav version flashed instead.

·
Registered
69 Posts
The module comes with nav enable or disabled even if you can the module enabled there is still a special key to activate it, like windows xp,vista, 7 etc.

·
Registered
968 Posts
I have an SE, so it doesn't apply to me, but I wonder why Ford would make it so difficult for people to add NAV to a MFT equipped Focus? What if someone bought a used one down the road, they could offer it as a $??? dealership add-on.

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
321 Posts
If it was cheap & easy to add on nobody would opt to get the nav package when purchasing the car.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Yea, but they charge $800 (700 invoice) for it at time of purchase. Why not offer it for 1K after? (Granted, it should be like $200, but thats another story) That way, there is an incentive to order at time of purchase, and they can make money from people down the line.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm not a hacker or anything per say, but I was looking thru the files that come on the sd card with the 2.11 update and it appeared to contain all the UI files for Nav, backup, self park etc. My car doesn't have any of those features. What I'm wondering is if there is a config file in the installer somewhere that could be modified to install those files during the update, thus enabling nav.

Im just not buying the whole, "it can't be installed aftermarket" when it looks like a software and not a hardware issue.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Im just not buying the whole, "it can't be installed aftermarket" when it looks like a software and not a hardware issue.
Me either, but I'm too scared to try and tinker...

·
Registered
45 Posts
After the 2.11 update, my nav system is telling me the backup camera is malfunctioning and to report it to the dealer.

I don't have a backup camera...only the auto park version does.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
After the 2.11 update, my nav system is telling me the backup camera is malfunctioning... I don't have a backup camera...
Well, there's your problem right there! [;)]

Makes me wonder if things like navigation actually are only software-based...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Well, there's your problem right there! [;)]

Makes me wonder if things like navigation actually are only software-based...
Sure would be nice to be able to add one.

That is the only option I wanted that I did not get since I bought off the lot rather than ordering it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
hey guys just a little info for all of you. I didn't have the nav when i factory ordered my Focus. And I found out if you have myford touch, all of the hardware is pre installed. All i had to do, was take it to the dealer, the put the flash card in, did some other stuff, about an hour late it was ready. it cost some cash, but it is doable.

·
Registered
492 Posts
hey guys just a little info for all of you. I didn't have the nav when i factory ordered my Focus. And I found out if you have myford touch, all of the hardware is pre installed. All i had to do, was take it to the dealer, the put the flash card in, did some other stuff, about an hour late it was ready. it cost some cash, but it is doable.
How much $$$?

·
Registered
139 Posts
How much did it cost?

Can you see if you can get some sort of reference from your dealer to help the other forum members out that want it?

·
Registered
321 Posts
^ HAHA yup!

The fact nav is pre-wired with MFT is GREAT news. Definitely a lot of potential here

1 - 20 of 40 Posts