Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picking up my Ti hatch. I was told by the dealer that it came with both navigations. I did not order it with the on screen voice nav figured I can save a few bucks on my payments. He said it automatically comes with MFT now. BS or what????? Thanks

·
Registered
524 Posts
On screen NAV is an option totally separate from MFT. You can get MFT without on screen NAV so I have no idea what your dealer is talking about.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Yeah, on-screen nav is separate and you can get MFT without it. It is a dedicated SD card of maps that goes in your SD slot. Don't know what your dealer is talking about there!

·
Registered
781 Posts
You can get MFT without the NAV but you can not get the NAV without MFT. In either case the Titanium comes with MFT standard, you can't opt out of it on that trim level. If you had done your research on what you were buying you would have already known this.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No need to respond to me like I'm a child. If you read my first post correctly I did do my research. I ordered the car knowing it came with MFT but decided that I did not want on screen navigation. The dealer is telling me that Ford is now making it mandatory that on screen nav come with MFT. Just wanted to know if there was any truth to this. Or did he screw up the order and now he's trying to cover his ass.

·
Registered
234 Posts
No need to respond to me like I'm a child. If you read my first post correctly I did do my research. I ordered the car knowing it came with MFT but decided that I did not want on screen navigation. The dealer is telling me that Ford is now making it mandatory that on screen nav come with MFT. Just wanted to know if there was any truth to this. Or did he screw up the order and now he's trying to cover his ass.
Sorry, but your dealer is wrong. The source of the confusion is likely that you can get Navigation via Sync Services with or without MFT.

You can order the car with MFT but without Navigation but you still have Nav available through Sync. It will show some basic stuff like turn arrows and stuff on one of the vehicle screens but it is not the same as the full touch screen Nav.

Touch screen Nav is a $799 MSRP option on the Focus and it is optional with MFT.

You do have to get MFT in order to get the full touch screen Nav.

·
Registered
781 Posts
*Chuckle* Have you tried the Sync navigation? Whoever developed it should be run over with a Focus. Repeatedly. Absolutely horrible to try and use. Took me 3 attempts to get the route to download over the phone, if you need to re-route, it's another download. Glad I was only trying it out for "fun" and wasn't depending on it. It's "fun" if you like getting a dozen root canals at the same time, through your ass. [chair]

Save yourself the pain, skip the Sync "navigation" and get a Garmin.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I suspect he's full of it unless it just changed and hasn't been adequately disseminated to dealers.. I just ordered a titanium last week and while I did expressly add in the navigation, there was no mention of this change to the options at all.

·
Registered
781 Posts
It isn't standard equipment, it's an option. The sales guy either (1) is an idiot or (2) figured he'd sneak it in to jack up the price and give the OP a line of bullshit.

If the OP has a copy of his original DORA and Nav wasn't on it he can argue with the dealership about it, the order was obviously changed some time before the VIN was assigned. If Navigation is present on the DORA then they put the order into the system incorrectly, if the OP had caught it in time he could have changed it.

Why it's always a good idea to verify with your salesperson every step of the way when ordering a new vehicle, so things like this don't happen. And get everything in writing.

·
Registered
395 Posts
If your original signed order paperwork did not have Nav option on it and it is now on the invoice for your car to be delivered.
You cannot be held liable for paying for that option. They need to write that off and give it to you for free per your original order. Since they put it on without your permission they need to give it to you at no cost.
If they try to charge you then they are liable for bait and switch and that is something a dealer will definitely not want to do.

However, like scottjl said IF it was on the original order and you failed to check it properly before signing it.... well you are going to have to pay for it.

·
Registered
724 Posts
*Chuckle* Have you tried the Sync navigation? Whoever developed it should be run over with a Focus. Repeatedly. Absolutely horrible to try and use. Took me 3 attempts to get the route to download over the phone, if you need to re-route, it's another download. Glad I was only trying it out for "fun" and wasn't depending on it. It's "fun" if you like getting a dozen root canals at the same time, through your ass. [chair]

We have used it a number of times and it works just fine. The only complaint is it does take a few seconds to down load a reroute. For accuracy it's been dead nuts. I have a couple of TomToms and leave them on the floor in the console and just listen to the directions so the lack of maps is not a concern to me.

·
Registered
882 Posts

Agreed. I got kind of screwed when I bought my car (didn't come with the on-screen NAV because the salesman didn't know what he was talking about...but I had no other option since it was the last car available in the tri-state area at the time with the other options I wanted) and the Sync navigation is all I have. I always just end up using my phone.

With perfect reception it can sometimes take 2 tries to download a route. The other night I tried to use it and it just wasn't accepting my address at all (to the place I was trying to get, at least). I tried 4 times and it kept just saying "Give an address" even though I had given it a few times. Put it into my phone and it took 2 seconds to have a route planned.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No charge for the navigation[headbang] this is the first car I have ever owned, I have had 4 dodge ram's jeeps and just traded my hummer in.... I love this car!!!!

·
Registered
524 Posts
Wow, you got the NAV for free, good for you.[woot]

·
Registered
395 Posts
No charge for the navigation[headbang] this is the first car I have ever owned, I have had 4 dodge ram's jeeps and just traded my hummer in.... I love this car!!!!
Did the dealer try to sneak it in on your after your original order and you caught them on it?

Or they just gave it to you free off the bat?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts