Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else notice this? We recently took the car for it's first long weekend. We first had luggage and lawn chairs in the trunk. Then, upon using the navigation, we noticed that for the first 5 minutes or so, the navigation had my car pointed in one direction. It didn't matter what direction we were going, it pointed us in that direction.
So I figured, Ok, maybe there is too much metal in the lawn chairs and the car uses a compass and that's throwing it off. So I moved the lawn chairs out of the trunk and the navigation worked properly on startup.
Then, when we were leaving for home; we had purchased some things so all I did was shift the luggage, and the navigation had us pointed in only one direction again. Another time; just turning the car on and off was enough to have the navigation pointing the car in one direction.
Anyone else noticing this? Should I ask for a new compass? It seems to be extremely sensitive.

Thanks,
BB45

·
Registered
882 Posts
Might be a problem with your unit, but you can change the location of the compass (it's in the settings on the small in-dash screen). I've never known what the difference is but my model (5-door titanium) has like 10 of them I think.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts