Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While using Nav in my 2014 Ti, I am having an issue of the system thinking the car is about 150 feet away from the actual position of the car.
Driving down the interstate it thinks I am on a marginal road and is constantly telling me to "Turn left at the next street" its really annoying.

Yesterday was the kicker, it had the car driving on Lake Erie the entire way home and must have told me to change my route about 40 times.

Its not like this is a great navigation system anyway but now its almost unusable. Has anyone else had to deal with this yet?

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
TSB 14-0037

GLOBAL POSITIONING SATELLITE MODULE (GPSM) - NAVIGATION DISPLAY OFFSET OR INCORRECT POSITION BUILT ON OR BEFORE 1/6/2014

Publication Date: February 21, 2014

FORD: 2013 Fiesta, 2013-2014: C-MAX, Focus, Fusion, Mustang, Taurus
LINCOLN: 2013-2014 MKS, MKZ
FORD: 2013-2014 E-Series, Edge, Escape, Expedition, Explorer, F-Super Duty, Flex
LINCOLN: 2013-2014 MKT, MKX, Navigator

ISSUE:

Some 2013-2014 vehicles equipped with SYNC® and/or MyFord Touch®, MyLincoln Touch® and built on or before 1/6/2014 may exhibit navigation display offset or incorrect position. The last known vehicle location may be displayed instead of current location, or the vehicle location may be displayed as off road from the current vehicle position.

ACTION:

Reprogram the GPSM to the latest calibration using IDS release 89.02 or higher. Calibration files may also be obtained at www.motorcraft.com.

OPERATION DESCRIPTION TIME
140037A Reprogram The GPSM Following The Service Procedure (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations) 0.3 Hr.

WARRANTY STATUS

Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage.
Warranty/ESP coverage limits/policies/prior approvals are not altered by a TSB. Warranty/ESP coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part and verified using the OASIS part coverage tool.

DEALER CODING

BASIC PART NO. CONDITION CODE 10E893 04

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Car is fixed, for whatever reason it took them 4 hours and when I got it back, none of the touch screen functions were working correctly.
Had to pull back in for another fix but finally squared away. My GPS now knows where I am actually driving.
Hell of a way to waste a morning although there was not much else to do, I was hoping to check out the 2015s but they were out in the lot and it was way too cold.
I snapped this when I left this morning.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Glad it's fixed. The fix is easy... it's only a 20 minutes fix, shouldn't take 4 hours. I think they did try something else first because it seem from what you say the touchscreen wasn't calibrated.

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
Glad it's fixed. The fix is easy... it's only a 20 minutes fix, shouldn't take 4 hours. I think they did try something else first because it seem from what you say the touchscreen wasn't calibrated.
It can take 4 hrs when it's low priority and they are working on other customer and warranty paid jobs first even if the actual work is only around an hour total or less.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nope, he was working on it for the entire time. Nice guy but he was really struggling.

Does Ford not pay the dealership to perform TSB fixes?

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
Nope, he was working on it for the entire time. Nice guy but he was really struggling.

Does Ford not pay the dealership to perform TSB fixes?
Ford pays them a flat rate based on the time it takes the company technician to do a process as quickly and efficiently as possible. In the field though it would appear that the techs do not follow the procedures properly and end up taking longer than Ford will pay the dealership for, in the end costing the tech and dealer money.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Glad to hear it's fixed, JSB33!

Rebecca

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
when I got it back, none of the touch screen functions were working correctly.
I ran into that problem after a MFT update (done by the dealer). They gave the car back to me and I noticed it as soon as I got in so I pulled it right back into the service bay. After several minutes of them struggling, I showed my dealership how to calibrate the touch screen. I also gave the tech a link to the focusfanatics.com link - I hope he's here reading! [wiggle]

It's possible their touchscreen calibration instructions were out of date / for the wrong car. I think my dealer was using the instructions for a Ford Edge which is why it wasn't working.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Sigh....part changers lol

When I used to take my Benz in for service..holy crap! You should have seen the rigs they have in there for almost any repair. I saw them replace a convertible top and I gotta tell ya it was pretty impressive the jig they were using for the install. Alas, they are just higher paid part changers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts