Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my car used and it had all the navigation sounds and voice muted... Just the way I like it.

Jump forward a year and I needed a MFT update (done in Jan '15) for a voice command glitch. Naturally it reset the settings. Only now it seems you cannot mute it entirely. It give me 2 options. "voice and tones" or "tones" and you cannot mute it. You can lower its volume low but it still cuts my music to make the beeps. It beeps at 1/4 before a turn and 2 times right when you are up on top of the turn. Very annoying to the point I use my phone now.

Anyone know how to mute it entirely? Hope I am just missing something and Ford didn't remove the mute feature.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I bought my car used and it had all the navigation sounds and voice muted... Just the way I like it.

Jump forward a year and I needed a MFT update (done in Jan '15) for a voice command glitch. Naturally it reset the settings. Only now it seems you cannot mute it entirely. It give me 2 options. "voice and tones" or "tones" and you cannot mute it. You can lower its volume low but it still cuts my music to make the beeps. It beeps at 1/4 before a turn and 2 times right when you are up on top of the turn. Very annoying to the point I use my phone now.

Anyone know how to mute it entirely? Hope I am just missing something and Ford didn't remove the mute feature.
On mine on the actual nav screen there is a small speaker icon on the screen that toggles all nav sound. It remembers the last setting used too so if you make another route or turn the car off you dont have to reset it.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Does the car icon indicator circle blink? I find that annoying as hell. I never had a NAV system that the icon indicator blinks. Some have a solid circle around the car icon parked or in motion others have Arrows or Vehicle icons.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Does the car icon indicator circle blink? I find that annoying as hell. I never had a NAV system that the icon indicator blinks. Some have a solid circle around the car icon parked or in motion others have Arrows or Vehicle icons.
Mine blinks.. Doesnt bother me though...

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Anyone know if you can change the voice? That lady is really getting on my nerves... Im used to the British accent, it actually pronounces Groat Road correctly. Current voice can't.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts

Hi boombots,

Like aaron.b and BeastMD said, you should have a mute button on your map screen. It looks like a little speaker. :)

Hey Marine,

The flashing circle is intended to let you see your location quickly on the screen.

Anyone know if you can change the voice? That lady is really getting on my nerves... Im used to the British accent, it actually pronounces Groat Road correctly. Current voice can't.
Hi Young_And_Focus,

The voice cannot be changed, but be sure to post this on our Ford Social site at Social.Ford.com. You never know, it could become a cool new feature!

Rebecca

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Hi Young_And_Focus,

The voice cannot be changed, but be sure to post this on our Ford Social site at Social.Ford.com. You never know, it could become a cool new feature!

Rebecca
Thanks Rebecca! That would be an awesome feature on an already awesome car! Had mine for about three weeks and I absolutely love my Focus!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys, I will take a look when I go back out to the car.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Thanks Rebecca! That would be an awesome feature on an already awesome car! Had mine for about three weeks and I absolutely love my Focus!
You're welcome! I'm glad you're loving your Focus.

Thanks guys, I will take a look when I go back out to the car.
Did that work for you, Vince?

Rebecca

1 - 11 of 11 Posts