Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping this makes sense -- Anyone have any idea on how to ensure that the navi directions route the expressway? In the navi settings, I do have expressways enabled. Still, the route will often avoid the expressway and take me down side roads.

I think it might be because I also have to select either fastest, shortest, or eco distance for the route. The problem, as I see it, is that you have to know which of these three involves the expressway if, in fact, you want to be sure that the navi routes you onto the expressway. For instance, "fastest" or "shortest," may or may not involve the expressway. I suppose I can always preview the route I choose (i.e., fastest, shortest, eco) to see if it takes me on the expressway, but that seems counterintuitive. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
264 Posts
I'm hoping this makes sense -- Anyone have any idea on how to ensure that the navi directions route the expressway? In the navi settings, I do have expressways enabled. Still, the route will often avoid the expressway and take me down side roads.

I think it might be because I also have to select either fastest, shortest, or eco distance for the route. The problem, as I see it, is that you have to know which of these three involves the expressway if, in fact, you want to be sure that the navi routes you onto the expressway. For instance, "fastest" or "shortest," may or may not involve the expressway. I suppose I can always preview the route I choose (i.e., fastest, shortest, eco) to see if it takes me on the expressway, but that seems counterintuitive. Any suggestions?
In general, the FASTEST route should include the most expressways as they may be longer than side roads but you go faster (less stops,higher speed,ect)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll try that and see what it happens. It makes sense. I just find it odd that the navi doesn't offer the option of taking the expressway route to one's destination.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts