Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
"CORRECTION"
THIS MOTOR MOUNT WAS BOUGHT FROM CHECKER NOT NAPA. I TOOK IT BACK FOR A FULL REFUND. SORRY FOR THE MIXUP​

2002 ZX5 ZETEC 2.0 with 163,000 miles

I have been chasing a severe vibration coming thru the engine since early Oct. I have had the car up on stands several times looking for loose bolts, bad bushings, or whatever with no luck.

The P-side motor mount (NAPA $60) was replaced back in Aug at the same time I changed the timing belt. Changed the transmission mount after finding several loose bolts (Autozone $35). Then recently changed the D-side motor mount (Ford $80) but still had big time vibs.

Well jacked up the car again today, and put my eyes on everything. Nothing. Pulled the floor jack over and placed it under the oil pan. Started the engine and with a piece of wood protecting the pan, I slowly raised the engine with my hand on the p-side front fender, at a certain position the vibs dropped off. Repeated several times with the same results. Gosh darn, the 3-month old NAPA p-side motor mount was toast.

This time around I’m going with the Ford mount. Several other’s on this board have said the same thing. It just so happened the local dealership had one. Well that was the problem. No more vibs. It cost me $130 but worth it.

You can see how the NAPA mount compressed compared to the Ford. Gonna find that receipt and get my $$$$$ back from NAPA. Lesson learned. [strongman]

Attachments

·
Registered
156 Posts
I just changed the passenger engine mount and the car is vibrating, I put a NAPA part on it, and these are not good news. Tell me what they tell you in NAPA when you go with the receipt. I thought it was that i needed to torque my mounts more than they were. But my part only has like one week and half, do you think is the same problem?

Thanks

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
<-- will NEVER buy napa/carquest parts in MY LIFE AGAIN

Wheel bearings were chattering like train wheels, went to midas told them to install factory ford parts they said fine.. every things replaced I get the car back. 2 days later we get a SEVERE shimmy, and the brake pedals bouncing while applied with ALOT of racket from the passenger rear so I immediately tell them to take it to Midas. as soon as the car enters midas's driveway my wheel falls off with the bearings shattered broken (brand new drum/cylinder) and everything damaged

they repair/replace all the broken parts and I flip telling me it was my fault the wheel fell off as my car has been recalled for faulty bearings.. I go to ford run the vin and my car is NOT part of that recall

I take the car IMMEDIATELY after I get it back from them to meadowvale Ford which immediately take the car in.
Ford comes back as to Improper Spindle nut (napa part) and Wrong Wheel bearings for a wagon (Napa part) I get the bearings redone by ford and about a year later everythings perfect... no only do I hate napa/carquest for the crap they sell I hate midas for trying to con me by marking Ford parts installed when they weren't

hell I don't even trust Midas for my Mufflers any more cuz i go back every year for my van and i get pegged $40 for labor/parts but get free mufflers ( Rust out)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
aironjack
I had this mount off several weeks ago to inspect it. I'm sure it was compressed at the time but did not know what it looked like when I installed it. I cleaned all the surfaces and retorqed everything.
Take yours off and see if it compares to the pic.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I will do it, but the only problem is that I don't have the tools with me now. I will do it in Thanks Giving when I go to my friend's house. I am pretty much sure It didn't compressed, It was like that before installing. I was thinking the other day that I never put both together to compare them, and that's a big mistake. I will keep you informed.

The only thing is that I don't have other to put in there. So if I remove it, the old one was screwed although I still have it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
damn i just put a napa mount on cause i was geting sick of the vibrations....autozone motor mount was totally not working went all over the city trying to find a bold for it with no louck so i went to napa...napa was the same price as autozone but only had 1 yr warranty oppossed to az lifetime.......

·
Registered
40 Posts
My 2009 Ford Focus 4 door. I don't know where my mechanic got the passenger side and bottom motor mount at. One cost 40 something dollars, the other 50 something dollars, plus labor. Vibrations are gone except for a vibration during fact idle. 👀🌅🌅🌅🙏🙏🙏

1 - 7 of 7 Posts