Focus Fanatics Forum banner

161 - 180 of 1414 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
New Updated Teaser Pictures

Here is the latest CAD file:

PCV (The lower hanging one in the picture) will be a direct connection to the stock fitting/Connection point
EVAP (The one on the back side of the throttle body plate) will be a direct connection to the stock fitting/Connection point
Brake Booster line (The one that comes off the front of the manifold and down under the throttle body plate) will need to cut the stock line off at a factory barb, and press our included line onto this factory fitting

Throttle body bore will accept up to a 68.0 MM bore
Includes Three 1/8" pipe ports in the front, to run gauges, BOV, etc. (comes pre plugged, remove the plugs as needed)
The throttle body and all 4 ports use your factory gaskets, you press your gaskets in our pre cut grooves.

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
^^^^this is looking pretty sweet!

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
awesome! keep up the good work. looking forward to this!

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
Do you guys have a local focus to help you out at all, or is this all being figured out over pictures and cad?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Thanks for doing this. I hope your efforts are rewarded by eager buyers!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Here is the latest CAD file:

Looks good! Have you guys done any CFD to check for dead spots?

Any thought of putting a port on the bottom so we can all drain the oil out of our intakes every 5,000 miles? [rofl]

·
Registered
117 Posts
This thread started and I was super excited.

Now this thread is scaring me because it's showing how much I don't know about engines, lol. I'm still excited to get it and put in on, but I'm gonna need some serious step-by-step first, for my own sanity even if I get a shop to do it.

·
Registered
837 Posts

Now this thread is scaring me because it's showing how much I don't know about engines, lol. I'm still excited to get it and put in on, but I'm gonna need some serious step-by-step first, for my own sanity even if I get a shop to do it.
It is all bolt on, minus 1 cut hose and press on ours. We will include color step by step instructions.

We don't plan on including an air intake tube, but will most likely have a recommendation.

This will be no harder than installing an exhaust system.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
It is all bolt on, minus 1 cut hose and press on ours. We will include color step by step instructions.

We don't plan on including an air intake tube, but will most likely have a recommendation.

This will be no harder than installing an exhaust system.
Good to hear. Im going to need some help too lol.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
246 Posts
For the PCV on our cars what is the best/easiest way to delete it?
Catch can, plug, or breather filter? Would this make you fail an emissions test where all they do is plug into your OBD2 port?

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
you'd probably still pass emissions with a catch can. From what i understand, you plug the intake manifold and then run a line from the PCV either out the bottom of you car or into a catch can. Then there is a line that runs from your valve cover to the intake tube, you can just run that to a catch can and plug the intake tube too.

·
Registered
298 Posts
you'd probably still pass emissions with a catch can. From what i understand, you plug the intake manifold and then run a line from the PCV either out the bottom of you car or into a catch can. Then there is a line that runs from your valve cover to the intake tube, you can just run that to a catch can and plug the intake tube too.
I just put a breather filter on the valve cover on mine.

·
Registered
837 Posts
If you don't mind about emissions, yes this is a method.

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #179

Its really easy, and TTR usually has really good directions with color pictures.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Its super easy but make sure to take your time and not snap anything. Also I learned the hard way that you need to tie up the wires after you detatch them from the stock manifold.

161 - 180 of 1414 Posts