Focus Fanatics Forum banner

141 - 160 of 1414 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Which measurement is the OD of the hard plastic fitting? NOT the OD of the line..

OD of this fitting would then be the approx ID of the line needed...

If you can have your caliper on this part when you take the photo, so we can verify you measured at the correct point...

9.95mm is the OD of the fitting that goes into the red plastic ring. Measured on the portion that goes into the fitting. The ring is marked 9mm as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
490 Posts
With that all stated, if we include a new line, we would join it at the picture we just posted... what is the OD of that fitting?

That is 10.98mm. But I don't know what the OD of the barbs is because they're covered by the line. I would assume about 1mm on each side but that's just a guess

·
Registered
534 Posts
I cut that line on accident when installing the catch can. I have a piece of fuel line in place of the hard plastic one now

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
834 Posts
I cut that line on accident when installing the catch can. I have a piece of fuel line in place of the hard plastic one now

Sent from my XT1585 using FF Mobile
What size fuel line did you replace it with? Inside diameter?

And/or if you cut that line mid point, in an area where there was never a barb that flared it, what is the normal inside diameter of the stock line?

·
Registered
490 Posts
If you measurse with the caliper just after the hose ends, there is a little space, as you can see, to get the caliper on the OD of the hard plastic barb... can you measure this?

That's the 10.98 I measured. I was referencing the ribs that are visible under the hose

·
Registered
834 Posts
That's the 10.98 I measured. I was referencing the ribs that are visible under the hose

Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile
Yeah I need the smaller diameter, the rib height just locks it in as it is bigger...

10.98mm is .432", which is 7/16" (.4375") fuel line inside diameter. Would you agree this is correct?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Yeah I need the smaller diameter, the rib height just locks it in as it is bigger...

10.98mm is .432", which is 7/16" (.4375") fuel line inside diameter. Would you agree this is correct?

Yep! Sounds like that's your size

·
Registered
534 Posts
I believe it is bigger, as you can see I just slid the line on without a hose clamp.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Honestly looking at it. I could probably cap it off on the intake and on the other thingy. The vacuum is pulled from the intake manifold for the brake booster right

·
Registered
834 Posts
Honestly looking at it. I could probably cap it off on the intake and on the other thingy. The vacuum is pulled from the intake manifold for the brake booster right

Yes this line is the brake booster line. One going down goes to the manifold, other one you didn't cut goes to brake booster.

·
Registered
834 Posts

Just to make sure we get it right the first time, do you have a caliper to have a 2nd person verify this?

·
Registered
534 Posts
Just to make sure we get it right the first time, do you have a caliper to have a 2nd person verify this?
I sure don't, if the measurement is off do you think it will mess with brake booster? What if I cut the union out and just ran a direct line to the intake manifold. I would also plug the hole in the air intake. Would this mess anything up ?

·
Registered
834 Posts
I sure don't, if the measurement is off do you think it will mess with brake booster? What if I cut the union out and just ran a direct line to the intake manifold. I would also plug the hole in the air intake. Would this mess anything up ?

I would not take out the splitter/union... I would leave it setup exactly as is.

We just really need to know what size line fits in the end of this barb...

100% up to you, if you did replace the short line from the union to the intake manifold with fuel line, let us know what I'd hose you used please.

141 - 160 of 1414 Posts