Focus Fanatics Forum banner

121 - 140 of 1414 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Couple comments:

We are working to make this a 100% direct fit, minus the requirement of a custom intake tube.

Meaning all stock hose connections, stock gaskets, etc will be used.

PCV... we are including the port, it is a specially design fitting we will make. If you don't want the PCV, simply unthread our fitting and thread in a plug.

Runners and flange is port matched to cylinder head size ports.

Runners are about 3.75" long, with a massive 4.0" x 4.124" plenum.

We cannot go any longer on the runners without loosing plenum space, as the manifold would hit the front bumper support. Over all length of the manifold is 7.625".

Plenum to runners are champhered, for smooth air flow into runners.

Throttle body bore, will allow custom bored throttle bodies up to 65.5mm

·
Registered
490 Posts
Thanks for the help again, I am out and not near my car today! Im glad you didnt break anything!

Always glad to help! Anything to help support the NA community!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
Couple comments:

We are working to make this a 100% direct fit, minus the requirement of a custom intake tube.

PCV... we are including the port, it is a specially design fitting we will make. If you don't want the PCV, simply unthread our fitting and thread in a plug.

We cannot go any longer on the runners without loosing plenum space, as the manifold would hit the front bumper support. Over all length of the manifold is 7.625".

Sounds good....any chance the throttle body bore can be increased to 67mm as I believe there is one available at that size?

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
He just met your 67mm raise and re-raised lol. All in. Really cool to see another product hit the market for this platform. Looking forward to seeing dyno testing results with this intake and intake + 68mm throttle body.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I'm more than likely in for this. I'd rather do this first instead of a Header for emissions and sound reasons. I recently had an experience where I had to load my stock tune file to pass my emissions test. Is it likely the car will run decent enough on the stock tune to pass emissions with this intake manifold in place? The sound issue comes in to play where I don't want my car's exhaust any louder than it is. I'd have to have a catted header to keep sound down, and that isn't available.

·
Lurking...
2,180 Posts
Could do what I did and get an aftermarket universal highflow cat and weld it down after the header and move the resonator back a bit to fit. I got my car past emissions like this. Could even make it a removable piece that can be replaced with a orp when you don't need to do emissions. I got my mk1 to pass emissions like that.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Couple comments:

Will you have plugs available to plug the pcv system?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
It is just a simple 1/2" NPT pipe plug... about $1.50 at a hardware store...
Okay cool. What about the line that goes from the valve cover to the intake tube? Same plug for that one?

·
Registered
843 Posts
Okay cool. What about the line that goes from the valve cover to the intake tube? Same plug for that one?

Sent from my SM-G920T using FF Mobile
We are not including the intake tube... however Injen intakes state to throw the stock tubing away and use a 15mm id hose to go from valve cover to intake tube.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Right. On those pictures what ate the fittings you have near the throttle body meant for?

·
Registered
843 Posts
Right. On those pictures what ate the fittings you have near the throttle body meant for?

Sent from my SM-G920T using FF Mobile
Front is brake booster
Back by runners is PCV (customer can remove and plug)
Back by throttle body is EVAP

All factory connections what stock manifold has.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Thank you for the info, I'm a newb.what is the EVAP one for? By the throttle body.

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
I'm more than likely in for this. I'd rather do this first instead of a Header for emissions and sound reasons. I recently had an experience where I had to load my stock tune file to pass my emissions test. Is it likely the car will run decent enough on the stock tune to pass emissions with this intake manifold in place? The sound issue comes in to play where I don't want my car's exhaust any louder than it is. I'd have to have a catted header to keep sound down, and that isn't available.
Im running stock st exhaust its not that loud

·
Super Moderator
8,950 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Sorry for being late in these guys. Hose measurements as promised.

In order that's the OD of the barb into the manifold, OD of the plastic line at the 4-way union and OD of the line between them. If it's hard to read the measurements are 9.95mm, 10.98mm and 11.42mm respectively. I would suggest running a male barb style fitting on the manifold so that a new line can be run. The existing line is a really tight fit to the current port so depending on where you've moved it relatively it could be an issue using the stock hose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
843 Posts
I dont think he actually removed the hose from this fitting... If he did, yes that ID hose is what we WILL need.
Which measurement is the OD of the hard plastic fitting? NOT the OD of the line..

OD of this fitting would then be the approx ID of the line needed...

If you can have your caliper on this part when you take the photo, so we can verify you measured at the correct point...

121 - 140 of 1414 Posts