·
Super Moderator
8,853 Posts
Try twisting it?

Sent from my ASUS_Z01BD using Tapatalk

·
Registered
837 Posts
To remove that line push the red ring into the fitting while pulling the line out. BE CAREFUL! Ford does not sell that tiny plastic ring seperately and its easy to break.
If you pull off this... and If you have a caliper, please measure the diameter of the line that goes into the manifold.

Also, on this line, if possible, without damage, can you pull off the red fitting from this line, and find out what inside diameter this tubing is?

·
Registered
490 Posts
To remove that line push the red ring into the fitting while pulling the line out. BE CAREFUL! Ford does not sell that tiny plastic ring seperately and its easy to break.

I wish I had seen this sooner! It's a standard push to connect style fitting. But that other part I'm not sure how to get out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
837 Posts
NO NO, dont take any more apart, I have what you show in the photos above here.

I DONT have the line your not showing that goes into it, this is what we need.

1. What diameter (caliper) is this line (What the RED clip holds in)

2. On the line, does either the hard plastic come off, the line with ease? OR route the tubing back, does it come off at the next point?

What we are running into, is the best way to adapt or connect this line to our manifold.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Caliper batteries are dead unfortunately but here is a photo

·
Registered
490 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
It feels like I could probably disconnect the plastic from the unions but I'd need to soak it in some hot water to soften them up

·
Registered
837 Posts
Best guess, whats the inside diamter of that hose/line?

Best Guess, as its hard to read above in the photo, what the diameter is that hard plastic? I see 23/64?

·
Registered
837 Posts
It feels like I could probably disconnect the plastic from the unions but I'd need to soak it in some hot water to soften them up

Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile
No dont... Dont want you to not get them on, or such.

All we need is the line ID... We will include a new line with ours, and connect it to a standard brass barb fitting on our manifold...

·
Registered
490 Posts
Best guess, whats the inside diamter of that hose/line?

Best Guess, as its hard to read above in the photo, what the diameter is that hard plastic? I see 23/64?

I'd say the plastic line had an OD of about 13/32 so the line ID would be a touch smaller. Granted this all is probably metric not standard

·
Registered
837 Posts
Would a calipers be able to be used tomorrow? or?

If you would measure the diameter of this photo, the hard plasic part, the line is going over, this would be the required inside diamter of the tubing...

·
Registered
490 Posts
Would a calipers be able to be used tomorrow? or?

If you would measure the diameter of this photo, the hard plasic part, the line is going over, this would be the required inside diamter of the tubing...

I've got calipers at work so best I could do would be Monday evening when I get back home.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Do NOT do that! You will never ever ever ever ever ever get them back on. Ask me how I know.

What size rubber hose are you running for your intake SR? That would answer TTR's question.

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
What size rubber hose are you running for your intake SR? That would answer TTR's question.

Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile
Thanks for the help again, I am out and not near my car today! Im glad you didnt break anything!

101 - 120 of 1414 Posts