Focus Fanatics Forum banner

321 - 340 of 1414 Posts

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #321
Oh man what will it have. I was already looking into facing a new pipe

Sent from my XT1585 using FF Mobile
im saying I'll help him depending on what intake he has, he may just need a small elbow or he may need to cut something down

·
Registered
534 Posts
Will you give help to remove the stock intake manifold. Last time I tried I had a tough time. I ended up letting it hang there and skinned my hand up running the hose to the catch can. Also what gaskets should I order. I'm going g to go ahead and get them now

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
843 Posts
Will you give help to remove the stock intake manifold. Last time I tried I had a tough time. I ended up letting it hang there and skinned my hand up running the hose to the catch can. Also what gaskets should I order. I'm going g to go ahead and get them now

Comes with color step by step instructions. All gaskets are re usable, nothing to buy.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
I really really really want this. But it's literally going to cost me double with shipping and import tax to S.Africa. It's so frustrating.
Is there any chance you would let me source a local manufacturer and I pay you for intellectual property ?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've been following this thread from the beginning.....it looks great. I'd love someone who's installing this to be able to do before and after dyno runs. Like many I've been patiently waiting for more performance mods for the NA engine. I have Tom's tune, catback, intake......I've not done a header for sound reasons only, and I have a 180 thermostat in the garage (for a year now.....I'll get around to it). But thats it for available performance mods since 2012! If there is someone willing to take the time and do before and after pulls on a dyno I'm certainly willing to donate to the cause. Start a GO FUND ME page and twenty guys donate twenty dollars each and it should cover the cost of it. I want this but I'm in Canada and with extra shipping, duty, exchange etc.. I'd like to know what the gains are before dropping that kind of money on this.

·
Registered
952 Posts
What intake do you have now? Itll be an easy solution, trust me I'll help you....order it and in 2 weeks by the time you get it well have something. ��
Just waiting on my next pay (soon) to clear some room for an online purchase. I mean I'll get it, but I'm not chopping my AEM to make it work, so it may well be a while before I get it installed. I'll also be painting it.

in Canada and with extra shipping, duty, exchange etc.. I'd like to know what the gains are before dropping that kind of money on this.
It definitely makes it hard to justify without evidence. All in after all the additional costs for us in Canada it can easily be 1000$+ mod. Modding in Canada sucks.

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #330
I've been following this thread from the beginning.....it looks great. I'd love someone who's installing this to be able to do before and after dyno runs. Like many I've been patiently waiting for more performance mods for the NA engine. I have Tom's tune, catback, intake......I've not done a header for sound reasons only, and I have a 180 thermostat in the garage (for a year now.....I'll get around to it). But thats it for available performance mods since 2012! If there is someone willing to take the time and do before and after pulls on a dyno I'm certainly willing to donate to the cause. Start a GO FUND ME page and twenty guys donate twenty dollars each and it should cover the cost of it. I want this but I'm in Canada and with extra shipping, duty, exchange etc.. I'd like to know what the gains are before dropping that kind of money on this.
Im trying to get a dyno done before I install but no promises....would be a good time to install thermostat while manifold off.... ive done a few intake manifolds on na builds always.got at least 8 to 12hp and slightly less torque gain

·
Registered
534 Posts
Courtesy of @MSEngineer.

Those with a K&N intake, all you need to do is replace the "aluminum elbow" in the kit with a straight piece, or cut the elbow down/shorten it, so it is more straight. Direct in line to the K&N filter (No bends!)

I am sure MSEngineer will comment soon, he states it runs awesome, no issues!

What about the brake booster hose that goes Into the air intake tube is that diverted directly into the intake manifold?

·
Registered
490 Posts
What about the brake booster hose that goes Into the air intake tube is that diverted directly into the intake manifold?

There are two lines from the brake booster, one that went to the elbow between the stock air box and throttle body, and one that went to the manifold.

There are provisions on the TTR manifold for that fitting, and then it's up to you to provision the other one. I installed the stock fitting on the straight piece between the TTR Manifold and K&N intake. Wasn't too bad!

·
Registered
534 Posts
There are two lines from the brake booster, one that went to the elbow between the stock air box and throttle body, and one that went to the manifold.

There are provisions on the TTR manifold for that fitting, and then it's up to you to provision the other one. I installed the stock fitting on the straight piece between the TTR Manifold and K&N intake. Wasn't too bad!
Can you show me a pic of it? I was going to start fabbing the straight piece. How long of pipe did you use ?

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #337
Looks Awesome!!! Have you done a test drive? How does it feel? Any codes thrown? what changes in power or powerband? Any low end loss? Or too soon?

·
Registered
843 Posts

As MSEngineer already stated, ALL factory lines hook up to the stock manifold as they should. We include new line for this to happen, both for the brake booster and EVAP line. PCV line on the manifold connects to our manifold with the factory line and connector.

·
Registered
843 Posts

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #340
Lmao.... cool for a temporary thing, but we can do better! TTR, will this be available in different colors as your other manifolds eventually...and is there any color that might be better with heatsoak or does it not matter.

321 - 340 of 1414 Posts