Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was considering this build up for my car vs. a JRSC. If you have a similar engine, please let me know waht kind of HP, TQ, 1/4 mile and MPG I can expect. Thanks.

Intake
2000 ported intake manifold
UDP
Magnaflow Cat back
Ignition
65 mm Throttle body
shorty headers and high flow cat
stage 1 or 2 cams and cam gears

I have chosen these items because I can do the installs and it should be very reliable yet fun to drive. What do you all think?

Please no "Why not go turbo?" comments. I dont have a shop near by to tune it and dont have the cash. Will the NA build be close to the JRSC in power? If I go with the SC I plan to do the exhaust upgrades as well.

·
Registered
139 Posts
ok im a new kid im 16 an ive been on this site for a good 3 or 4 months an i still dont know what na is , please inform me?

·
Registered
732 Posts
na means naturally aspirated or you can call it all motor.

Easttexfocus- Not all engines are the same, they don't give off the same amount of whp. The focus produce from 100 to actually 115 whp (115 isn't common though) 108 is more common. If those are the parts you want, you should get them then. After you get them, then get your car dynoed. Don't worry so much on numbers, buy parts and build your car up.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Naturaly Asperated (spelling). This means no Turbo or Super Charger or NOS.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
#s

I am not looing for bragging #s. I just wanted some opinions on driveability and such from those with a similar set up and with a JRSC.

I dont worry really about dyno #s, but they help compare the 2 set ups. Does that make more sense?

I am trying to get info to decide which route to go.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
the power is gonna be about the same untill you TURBO IT J/k lol playa. im going to get the head on my car done once i regain my sanity! then im getting a clutch,presureplate,flywheel,limited slip. then JRSC just a little more pow outta my car. then im done if i dont attack the people who tell me what to buy. it gets hard man. and money is tough to get too. especially earing it honestly. and then you spend it soooooooo0 fast. and then you have nothing but yourself and a light pocket ive gone crazy!

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
yea but say my car is pushing 150ish with the head on it and the JRSC will add like 50 hp so thats like 200 hp FOCUS POCUS POOF gone! thats what im gonna say to anyone with a fast or descently fast stock car! watch my crocked exaust pipe disappear. : )

1 - 13 of 13 Posts