Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
2002 atx zx3 with 4-2-1 header,Toms SCT Tune,65 mm cfm tb,Steeda SRI,VF engineering dog bone mount and getting Zex 50 shot ready for install pretty soon.
Have 3 gauge pod,know I need wideband gauge,but what else will go good for in the gauge pod?
Vacuum?Oil Temp?
What will be most important when spraying the nitrous?
Help and input appreciated-DC

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
I have a Volt meter in mine with the Wideband.

·
Boost Addict
2,628 Posts
My friend PSUrivie did Bottle PSI, Fuel Pressure and Wideband when he had nitrous. If you loose the fuel pressure the engine may go boom with just the nitrous going in there.

Up to you though; wideband is a must!

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
^^I think all 3 of those gauges are a very good idea when running N2o. The wideband is most important, but I feel it's important to monitor you fuel psi also. The bottle psi is good to have when you use a bottle heater. It will allow you to heat the bottle to see the optimum psi before you spray. The autometer is a good one to go with.

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
3 different A/F gauges FTW!

·
SVT Fanatic
2,615 Posts
When I had nitrous, I had and still have wideband A/F ratio, fuel pressure, and nitrous pressure gauges.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I thought there was a digital round style gauge that had similar features to a scangauge...

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Danger to Manifold gauge is pretty important. Floor board monitor, as well.

·
Banned
210 Posts
You're going to get a different answer every time you ask this question, so how about I'll give you some info and you can form your own opinion.

I personally would prefer to run:

- Wideband OR 4x independent EGT probes

With a wideband you're measuring the cumulative a/f ratio at the exhaust collector, rather than from each exhaust runner. As a result you can have cyl 4 running lean and cyl 1 running pig rich, and they'll more or less cancel eachother out and give a normal wideband reading. Not something you want happening. This can happen for many reasons, and sometimes it's a design problem. I've seen eBay intake manifolds do EXACTLY that before.

Plenty of people run widebands and have no problems, but the differences between cylinders can be massive. Being old school I would run separate EGT probes before I ran a wideband. If you tap into the intake before the throttle body you have no control over what cylinders get what.

- Bottle Press
- Oil Press
- Oil Temp

When running large nitrous shots or any shot on a consistent basis I also like to monitor coolant pressure. For added security I would program a knock light too somewhere you'll be able to see it.

If you keep an eye on the data display, they should warn you of any impending failure.

·
Banned
210 Posts
I thought there was a digital round style gauge that had similar features to a scangauge...
A serial data stream gauge is usually coupled to an EMS, like the AEM gauge. Expensive, but you can monitor 19 different sensors from one gauge, or split the readouts over more gauges.

Other products exist that may be more suited to your needs and budget, but that's one of the best.

·
Registered
370 Posts
window switch is also a good thing I can always show you my setup since I live pretty close

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
window switch is also a good thing I can always show you my setup since I live pretty close
When are You going to be free?
I think I remember You were running a 75 shot with atx,correct?

·
Registered
370 Posts
I'm running a 65 now and I'm mostly free on the weekends. Just give me a heads up cause I have a wedding coming up soon

1 - 19 of 19 Posts