Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it required?? I know you can spray a 50 shot w/o a tune on a stock engine, I only wanna do a 35 shot. will i need a tune??

·
Registered
232 Posts
I don't think you do but I would be on the safe side and get it tuned. Nitrous is a problem waiting to happen, but it all depends on circumstances. You're close to Livernois Motorsports, right off Michigan Avenue. Take it there and have them tune it so you're on the safe side and they'll re-map your A/F to really improve performance. That's my honest opinion.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know i "should" get it tuned, but it would only be used for 1/4 miles!!! but i want to know if i "need" to. I don't think i have to.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Get it tuned, it only takes once to do damage to your engine. Plus, how were you going to spray? IIRC, you can't spray through the blower, it will damage the coating the rotors.

·
Registered
387 Posts
yes i wouldnt even think about it with out getting it tuned and do direct port not through the blower i could be totaly wrong about tuning but with the s/c on and then nitrous i would think you would need a tune!

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya, i know it would be direct port, but still, i don't know, has anyone done it?

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
Yes they have, I cant find the link. But it has been done.

Whether it lasted more than a year I donno?

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol, that would suck if it didn't last

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
i also tried to look into this but didnt really find alot of info....

·
Token Engin-nerd
3,414 Posts
n2o+boost+your compression = ZOMG detonation wtf

get it tuned.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts