Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there ,
I have a 1999 2.0 zetec GHIA Focus , the N/S parking light are not working , i changed the 7.5 amp fuse as it had blown only to blow the 10amp fuse for the main light switch , replaced that then turned parking lights on and 7.5amp fuse blew again , this keeps repeating . Just want to know if anyone has any idea's what may be the problem . Thanks ,

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Not helping you much, but you likely have some wiring damage. You need a multimeter and a wire diagram. First, do a good visual inspection of the wiring at and around the headlights, parking lights and throughout the engine bay. Removing and cleaning the electrical ground points is also something you should do.

BTW, what does N/S stand for?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
I think N/S would be "near side", drivers or right hand in the UK.

Are the license lights on that circuit by chance? A fault there or in the umbilical to the hatch is quite common.

Short to ground somewhere is likely, the problem is finding it. Chafed wiring/broken insulation is what to look for. License lights easily short to ground if loose.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it's the left side lights , number plate lights are working just not rear and front parking light , but if the 10amp fuse blows then i have no rear lights , number plate , or dash lights, thnx for replying

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
it's the left side lights , number plate lights are working just not rear and front parking light , but if the 10amp fuse blows then i have no rear lights , number plate , or dash lights, thnx for replying
You are making it difficult for us to help you. Please help me with more precise descriptions of which lights are not working.

When the 10 amp fuse is OK and the 7.5 amp fuse is blown, which lights are not working?-> Parking lights on left side only -or- all parking lights?

Also, N/S was a typo? So, N/S should have been L/S for "left side" correct?

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
I just looked at a 2003 wire diagram and now see the L/H and R/H separation. My newer diagram might be off/mis-lead you some because of the age and model differences.

R/H has one fuse (F57); L/H has a different fuse (F58).

Now that my brain is less confused, you need to visually track down the problem or use a multimeter to identify where the fault is. Please visually check the wiring health at each light bulb socket, front left & back left.

Also remove and clean-up the ground connection (G37) for the front left headlight located inside the engine bay, likely located inside engine bay and next to the (UK) passenger side wheel well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts