Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone pushed there car around 180-200whp N/a and wat did u do to got that high hp i diff know u had to tune but wat else?

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
do a search, Post to be expected, Toms tune, Not worth it, go FI if you want to make that amount of power ect.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
What do you mean Toms tune isnt worth it???

Granted no tune is going to raise peak power up much but there are places below peak that you see upto and sometimes more than 20whp gain from Toms tune alone.

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
I don't know that anyone has had or if its even possible to get the zetec that high n/a.

However like said above Tom's tune is awesome and I highly recommend it!

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
I don't know that anyone has had or if its even possible to get the zetec that high n/a.

However like said above Tom's tune is awesome and I highly recommend it!
Sure it is...... but its not very daily driver friendly. I know a guy that builds some of the "Touring Car" engines and they have had zetecs and Duratec that made 300hp.... of course they were also turning them 11-13k rpms and after one race they were toast.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dont want to sound dumb but f/i means force induction i know it means fuel injector and 180-190hp dont sound that high a hp 4 a daily driver at the crank it pushes 170hp may be injectors all bolt ons. i know the svt doesnt need cams

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
ok ok, possible not practical is what I should have said. I knew better then to say that. I was thinking that while I was typing.

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
The SVT is 170 from the factory at the flywheel, when I dynoed my car NA it was 150whp. So picking up 30-50 more hp with bolt on and tunes I don't think will happen. I didn't think the SVT responded well to bolts ons like other car, The 4.6L mustang motor comes to mind.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
dont want to sound dumb but f/i means force induction i know it means fuel injector and 180-190hp dont sound that high a hp 4 a daily driver at the crank it pushes 170hp may be injectors all bolt ons. i know the svt doesnt need cams
I have seen full bolt on SVTs with tunes, full exhaust, everything you can do without going into the motor only make 160whp..... then I've seen the exact same setups (even with the same tunes) make 145whp.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well i know out the bolt ons u diff know throttle response is the besides hp well also i keep forgetting that cosworth designed and they designed well. my friend says someone one he worked with had a focus svt that pushed 190ishwhp i never talk to him nor seen him.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts