Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What all would be involved to do a n/a build. i want to make alot of power but tryin to stay away from forced induction and nos

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
yeah from what I hear, don't even mess with the air intake except for a K&N drop-in filter... that thing's already amazing air flow I guess [thumb]

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i heard about shaving the heads or what ever and increasing the compression ratio but i dont really know

·
Registered
423 Posts
tom's tune is probably the best n/a mod you can get unless you spend thousand's of dollars on higher compresson piston's and rods and other internal components.if intrested i may be selling my predator if the price is right.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
camshafts, higher compression pistons, tune. Port and polish, cfm 67 mm throttle body, udp.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
And yeah from what i hear just putting in a K n N filter will net you better gains then an aftermarket system. And the header on the SVT is pretty decent as well!

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
n/a=nah, not gonna got any amazing gains. Maxed out around 185whp with headwork and custom cams. For that much, you can have a rock solid reliable JRSC or PWSC

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Its hard to make a lot of power on a focus and expensivew/o forced induction. Could save ur money and buy a decent Supercharger and man youd be happy.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
but why go super instead of turbo

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
Didnt Tom have a 2.3L stroker for the SVT too? I think that plus the wildest cams you can find, bump in compression, head work, 3" header back and intake mani would be amazing. No ones done something this extensive (expensive) yet though

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
It is not hard to get N/A power... it is expensive. There are quite a few ST170 owners across the pond who have some monster N/A setups with ported heads, ITBs, etc etc.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
^^^Not to mention Zetec powered Caterham's that are built beyond belief.

N/A for our cars is ludicrously expensive. I was talking to friend of mine with Honda Civic hatch that is going to be an all motor build, and it's sickening the kind of power you can get out of it for like half the money you'd spend on a SVT/Zetec...I just don't get it.

Anyway, unless you are doing a full-out N/A build, the basic bolt-ons are the best you can do (tune and possibly some sort of cold air intake). By full-on N/A build I'm talking internals. Pistons, rods (how strong are the stockers?), wicked cams, etc. Even will all that, you aren't going to see more than 200 whp I wouldn't think. One member on here did a N/A build on his Zetec (Goat Roper) and he ended up with like 180 whp I think (it may have been a bit more). The SVT is going to max out at around the same.

Yes, Tom does offer a 2.3l stroker kit, but have you looked at the price? That is my dream build, but unless you have copious amounts of dispensable income, it just isn't realistic.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Yeah N/A is really hard plus expensive for tha SVT. My Plan is not to go with a TC/SC and build tha motor up. CFM was talkin bout havin a CNC Head comin out soon, thinkin bout that with a good bottom end at like 10.8:1 compression. and i already got a good fogger system, like to give it say 25-35 to each cylinder... but i kno im still gonna need the fuel to support it as well as a tune so...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts