Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
2.3 or 2.5, would either see any major gains for the money? I know very little about this type of modification but I do know it can be pricey once it's all said and done

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry for late Reply.. ok so maybe i should have stated this in the beginning.. i have a 2014 NA 2.0.. finding different ways to make 2.3 stroker.. i also found out that 2.0 na and st use same crank.. crazy.. also there are people using factory 2.3 rotating assembly from mustang in 2.0 block..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Never really had goal.. just thought it would be nice to have as close to ST stock power that i could.. its my daily driver so not looking crazy.. also does anyone have experience with multi port head ford racing offers.. is it the same as NA head..

·
FF Affiliate
30,382 Posts
I would look into the Fusion 2.5 short block into your Focus , I have both engines sitting here but havent had the chance to go over everything to see what all fits

You would have to do Custom Pistons for the 2.5 with direct injection

Why not just go Turbo ?

Tom

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
2.5 might be an option but with this being the 12-14 focus it has direct injection.. so seems like alot of work right now.. this is also my daily driver.. so dont have extra car to test fit stuff... as for reasons of stroker is everyone has bolt-ons.. i would like and have to ability to build motor.. so since i would be canging piston and rods anyways.. i thought might as well make stroker.. why not turbo.... because i already have an ST.. i want to keep this car Na and at most maybe bottle fed.. just wanting to upgrade dd alittle.. to have more fun with it..

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
Stock Fusion 2.5 isnt DI...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts