Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does the xcal come with the same N/A tune no matter where you get it from?

i was going to get it from FS but i was thinking that Tom knows more about the fofo. so would it be a different tune if i got it from FP?

[scratch]

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
yes, they come w/ NA tunes. well, at least a 93 octane tune. it advances timing to take adavantage of the 93.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
It should be, it comes from SCT, not tom or FocusSport.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Buy it from Tom, the unit itself comes from SCT, but what is on it comes from the tuner. Tom sells the unit with his own tune on it, plus if you buy from him he will give you free updates I believe.....

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
wrong, tom has to custom tune ur car w/ datalogging. then he creates a tune for you. it does not come w/ his tune.

·
FF Affiliate
31,180 Posts
No , If you buy a xcal from me (379.00) for NA it comes with my custom tune and lifetime tunes as long as you stay NA , there is no other tuner doing this , Most charge an aditional 40.00 per tune change if he has to do anything for you in the tune

If you add a AF Gauge then I can fine tine it but it isnt a must

Tom

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cool, so in that case i could have a 93 octane perfomance tune AND a 87 octane "im broke and cant afford 93" tune lol

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
mine didn't come w/ any custom tunes, just the one for 93 from SCT

·
/人◕ ‿‿&#65
3,318 Posts
hmmm st170s...or tune. st170s, or tune...

i want a tuner... but i would have to get one in february. tom, are you still going to be selling xcals by then?

·
FF Affiliate
31,180 Posts
mine didn't come w/ any custom tunes, just the one for 93 from SCT
If you bought it from me it did , I dont order mine with the SCT tunes ALL my flashers have custom tunes only

Tom

·
FF Affiliate
31,180 Posts
hmmm st170s...or tune. st170s, or tune...

i want a tuner... but i would have to get one in february. tom, are you still going to be selling xcals by then?
Yes I will be

Tom

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
no, i bought it from sct directly, thats why. If i would have know that and was on the forum when i did, then i would have, but i joined in february and bought it for christmas last year!!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Tom don't you go anywhere I plan on getting one from you! Just as soon as I get out of school and get more hours from work... [dunno]

·
Registered
535 Posts
I have a tune from Tom and it is excellent. No need to get on the dyno for a tune from him. Great customer service too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.