Focus Fanatics Forum banner

101 - 120 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Did you do the E-RMM or Cobb or other?
He has the eRMM. I just got mine in the mail yesterday, going to install next week. I never really drive it like I stole it, so I'm hoping I haven't made a bad decision.

·
Registered
510 Posts
He has the eRMM. I just got mine in the mail yesterday, going to install next week. I never really drive it like I stole it, so I'm hoping I haven't made a bad decision.
I have the E-RMM, and I think it will be perfect for you. There may be an ever-so-slight increase in NVH, but it tightens everything up to how it should have been from the factory.

As you may recall, Ford ended up replacing the RMM's in the ST with the E-RMM, so you could now look at it as replacing your RMM with a stock ST RMM [like]

·
Registered
348 Posts
Good to hear, Eminaga said he thinks I'll like it too. I read (maybe in this thread) that you can tune for the RMM? How exactly does swapping out the RMM affect anything in the tune?

·
Registered
985 Posts
Good to hear, Eminaga said he thinks I'll like it too. I read (maybe in this thread) that you can tune for the RMM? How exactly does swapping out the RMM affect anything in the tune?
Cant really tune for the rmm other than raising the idle a bit to fight the vibration, altho u really wont feel much with e-rmm. I think tom raised mine just a bit with the tune by maybe 50-100 as the car idles around 800-850 while stock was around 750.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I see a lot of people recommending replacing the rear motor mount, but I'm unclear as to what benefit is gained from it. Can anyone enlighten me?
I did the install yesterday with the help of this guide. I used the part out of the electric Focus, cost about 60 bucks shipped.

Really really worthwhile mod. Shifts are crisp and clean, especially when taking off from a stop (no moire bounce-bounce if you happen to lay off the clutch too early)

At high speeds, shifts were ok before, now they're clean even at full throttle.

Thanks for the guide OP.

BTW an impact gun and ratchet will help a lot. Some screws will require that you bash the wrench with a hammer to break loose however.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Good to hear. I hate that 1st gear jerking. Mine is going in tomorrow (eRMM also).

·
Registered
348 Posts
It's been a couple of days since I've had my eRMM installed. Night and day difference with the shifts. Much less jerking from 1-2. I do have some creaking noises at low speeds, not sure if those will settle out eventually. I haven't pushed it hard yet to see how it does with quick shifts, but normal driving its much better than stock.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
It's been a couple of days since I've had my eRMM installed. Night and day difference with the shifts. Much less jerking from 1-2. I do have some creaking noises at low speeds, not sure if those will settle out eventually. I haven't pushed it hard yet to see how it does with quick shifts, but normal driving its much better than stock.
When you do, let us know.
*Knock on wood* stock, mine isn't bad. So I haven't looked into replacement yet.

·
Registered
382 Posts
When you do, let us know.
*Knock on wood* stock, mine isn't bad. So I haven't looked into replacement yet.
When you pull the stock one off you'll see how bad it is. Honestly I don't notice much of a difference with my ermm installed but I don't drive mine too hard. I like that I know when I do kick it down though that my motor isn't bouncing around hitting the firewall.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thanks TS and for the posts guys, all of you, just ordered the E-RMM from local ford, leaving the other ones alone....Um anything on warranty info here, does ford care if I do this?

·
Focus Addict
14,131 Posts
So we know the e Focus RMM is stiffer than our NA Focus RMM, but are the ST's any stiffer than our NA mounts too?
The stock ST mount for 2012-2013 builds up to a certain date was the same weak sauce RMM as the N/A GDI engine. There was a TSB to replace all of the motor mounts including the rear roll restrictor with the E-Focus mount, and part of the hydraulic clutch lines.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
The stock ST mount for 2012-2013 builds up to a certain date was the same weak sauce RMM as the N/A GDI engine. There was a TSB to replace all of the motor mounts including the rear roll restrictor with the E-Focus mount, and part of the hydraulic clutch lines.
Ooh. I need to see if this 2013 ST was built before this tsb.

101 - 120 of 200 Posts