Focus Fanatics Forum banner

81 - 100 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just installed the e-mount, big difference. I highly recommend upgrading this part.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I am getting ready to install my motor mount this weekend and need to know what to torque the bolts to, anyone have any idea? I tried searching but no luck.

EDIT: Just as I posted this I found the info... Check out this Thread if you need the tq info.
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=325989

·
Registered
232 Posts
I am getting ready to install my motor mount this weekend and need to know what to torque the bolts to, anyone have any idea? I tried searching but no luck.

EDIT: Just as I posted this I found the info... Check out this Thread if you need the tq info.
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=325989
You'll like the mod. People said it brought more vibration in the car. Mine is way smoother at idle now. Wheel hop is now wheel spin. Great addition.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Pretty sure the vertical bolt on your frame is 80ftlbs, and the dog bone bolts are 50ftlbs. Look through this thread.

·
Registered
233 Posts
As I understand it, it's far more help with a manual transmission, where a hard shift / clutch drop, usually into 2nd on hard acceleration, can send the whole engine wobbling for a couple seconds.

Disclosure: I don't have this installed, but I have experienced the wobble.
I installed the e-rmm last weekend and have been commuting with it for a week. I've noticed NO difference in performance. DCT shifts were pretty good without it and are pretty good now. No change.

And my stock mount was nowhere near as flimsy as I was led to believe on this and similar threads. I could barely move it with my fingers.

As far as vibration it's hard to say because I replaced the passenger side mount at the same time. Engine vibes were reduced but can't say if they would have been reduced even more had I not installed the e-rmm. I replaced the tranny mount yesterday (vibes reduced even further) so I'm gonna drive around for another week or two and then replace the e-rmm with the original rmm to really see how vibes are affected.

So for me, installing the e-rmm was a waste. An inexpensive waste, but a waste nonetheless.
You'll need the RMM once you get tuned. My DCT shifts so hard into second during WOT it could throw the motor out of the engine bay. I'm thinking of doing this mod this weekend. I have a 25 dollars off coupon for parts at my local ford.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Just did mine over the weekend. I love it, the car feels better when shifting (especially if pushing it). Also I have not noticed any extra vibrations.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I installed the e-rmm last weekend and have been commuting with it for a week. I've noticed NO difference in performance. DCT shifts were pretty good without it and are pretty good now. No change.

And my stock mount was nowhere near as flimsy as I was led to believe on this and similar threads. I could barely move it with my fingers.

As far as vibration it's hard to say because I replaced the passenger side mount at the same time. Engine vibes were reduced but can't say if they would have been reduced even more had I not installed the e-rmm. I replaced the tranny mount yesterday (vibes reduced even further) so I'm gonna drive around for another week or two and then replace the e-rmm with the original rmm to really see how vibes are affected.

So for me, installing the e-rmm was a waste. An inexpensive waste, but a waste nonetheless.
Well synthetic oil change at 3 to 5 thousand miles is a waste to but peace of mind is priceless and tell me you don't see a lot less engine rock & roll. LOL

·
Registered
103 Posts
Or herehttp://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=325989&page=2
So the torque is 59 ft/lbs for the two RMM bolts and 35.4 ft/lbs for the three dog bone bolts according to the shop manual? I just want to be 100% sure because the COBB instruction sheet (found here) says 70 ft/lbs for the RMM bolts and 45 ft/lbs for the dog bone bolts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just did the e-focus rear engine mount yesterday and got to give it a hard run today. Slightly more engine noise in the cabin, but only because I was listening for it.

Shifts seem more positive, but I'm still getting some pretty loud bangs on a hard launch, and shift into 2nd. Much less, and I'm hearing tire chirps as opposed to the stock mount. My guess is that the electronic limited slip is the culprit.

Jerkiness that made me feel like I haven't been driving for 16 years is dramatically reduced.

Overall it's a significant improvement, but I think it can be better without adding to vibration and cabin noise. I might try the transmission mount next, and possibly the upper engine mounts.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
I do have the upper mount. Not installed anymore. For sale if anyone is interested shoot me a pm with an offer

·
Registered
609 Posts
Are there plans for TTR to make a lower mount @turbotechracing ?

81 - 100 of 202 Posts