Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Just a quick question about the zetec, what kind of horsepower would I be able to achieve going n/a. I want to have a project of installing a few engine parts and a turbo is out of the question. Thought it would be cool to have a 250 hp n/a 4cyl. I know the svtf has 170 going n/a with several different engine mods. So what should I be focusing on (no pun intended) and what stage eg. stage 2 cams and such.

Thanks for the replies I have been reading on these forums for a while and you guys really are a big help.

·
2focusedracing
1,799 Posts
svt is at around 151 hp at the wheels & 170 at the crank. there are a couple of guys on here that hit 160-175 at the wheels NA, and that was with a butt load of bolt-ons and stg. 3 cams. thats maybe close to 200 at the crank anything more wouldn't be much of a "street" car lol
I'm personaly aiming for 165 ish @wheels, then suspension and such.
160 @ wheeels & you will definately be moving down the road!!
You will need FI if you really want to make some power!

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
there's only a handful of people running aftermarket cams on the svt because nobody is mass producing them. 160-175 is with tune, throttle body, cai, catback, hi-flow cat or ORP, cam gear, UDP. the higher end of that group has probably milled their head as well. if you want a high hp NA setup, you need to look into some very expensive cams, rebuilding the short block for much higher compression, and tune with other bolt ons. you might want to try the focus power stroker block. 2.3 liter displacement will get the svt much closer to your hp goals than all the bolt ons combined

·
2focusedracing
1,799 Posts
I think he's, "mike", running a reg. zetec. "Goat" was around 170 NA b4 he went powerworks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info. Just a question if I were to go FI is there a kit that I could use that would keep my FS cai? I have seen some for sale on here that were more in my price range so now I don't know.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
I'm planning on going for NA horsepower as well (as my....well, meager funds will allow). 160 hp at the wheel will make for a pretty lively 2700 lb car. Now...if only my ATX would be as happy as I would with 160 hp....

·
Boost?
2,378 Posts
if you have an fs cool flo you can probably still use it, but why not sell it if you go FI

1 - 9 of 9 Posts