Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Tom.
From what i hear you are the man in the Focus world. I have a few questions. First a little background on myself. I come from the V8 world and i have built many, and still have some. I know its extremely easy to make alot of power with 8 cyl engines. Heck i have 532HP S10 thats street legal. Now here is what i am getting at. I am looking to build my focus up. I drive my truck then jump in my focus and it feels like i am standing still. Now my focus is a 2001 ZX3. I was looking into the PW kits, some Turbo kits, but what i really want to do is go N/A with the option for turbo later, or S/C.

Now i was wondering is there a way to get my focus to say 220HP at the wheels N/A with a low enough compression for me to go FI later? IF so throw me some tips/parts #'s. I am wanting to get a list together to start getting them slowly. When i built my truck i spent 15k and i did it all at once, this time i am gonna take my time. I am looking to build a new engine (in my garage) and get it all ready so my car will have a MIN down time. I do plan on getting a tune from you when its time. Right now the car is AUTO but i do plan on converting it to stick shift.

·
Registered
666 Posts
220hp is almost impossible with an SVTF. Hell, I got toms stg. 1 and ONLY becuase I told Ray to detune it for safety Im a 206whp non intercooled at 10psi. Once I get my IC its 15-18 (250-300whp) for me. You might as well just build a mean turbo motor from the ground up.

Get one of Toms 2.3L stroker motors!

·
FF Affiliate
30,934 Posts
No there is no way to reach that goal and keep it on anything less then 116 octane let alone FI it later

About 140 to 150 at the wheels is about it and expect to boost it later

Tom

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1turbofocus said:
No there is no way to reach that goal and keep it on anything less then 116 octane let alone FI it later

About 140 to 150 at the wheels is about it and expect to boost it later

Tom
just curious then. whats your setup? to reach 500+ hp ? do you run race gas? whats your N/A #'s before FI? Just trying to get an idea on what to expect with N/A numbers before FI.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts