Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey guys... im new to this forum... i bought a 2003 Focus 1.8 petrol last year and have had this problem which i have not been able to solve...
i cant really describe it but ive put up a youtube clip of my car with the problem in a feeble attempt to get some ideas from people...
basically ive changed the whole ignition system.. ive checked for vacuum leaks.. even had the whole PCV assembly changed... had fuel filter changed and air filter.. checked the MAF.. unplugged it.. still did the same thing... so i guess its not causing the problem.. although ive got some readings from my scanner regarding my ignition advancement.. at idle when warm i seemed to get readings of +26 degrees.. and when i blip WOT it advances to bout +1... but surely at idle it should be at 0 degrees? i donno.. im not clued up bout engine timing... also u can hear that the engine is sputtery at idle from the exhaust... fuel trimmings seem alright.. LTFT was -1.5 and STFT was around
-3.1... just to check though.. what should i be getting as a reading for MAF in lb/min? at WOT i got something like 2.6.. is that correct?
anyways.. heres the link..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPYxoFwG5io

oh and i forgot to mention that there are no codes at all.. not even pending ones... and also.. when u leave it to idle, when sitting in side.. occasionally ull feel it stumble and then pick itself up again...

thanks!

thanks for your help guys!! ill probably do another scan to get more accurate readings regarding fuel trims and the MAF..

matt

·
Registered
345 Posts
the noise i have is similar to that but i have to be at a complete stop then floor the gas the noise is almost exactly the same

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeaa mines so bad that i cant overtake cars properly! i nearly had an accident cos my car just wouldnt pick up!! i really dont know what to do.. and it seems nobody has any suggestions.. :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts