Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a few years ago I bought my 2005 focus duratec 2.0L and i was looking through my engine bay and discovered this black/blue wire with a connector its a ground wire for something just curious of what it might be. Its always been disconnected and every time I try to plug it in. It blows my main fuse everytime. Heres a pic

Attachments

·
Registered
17,479 Posts
In short, it's NOT a ground and why you pop fuse when you ground it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well its grounded to my power steering resevoir bracket. Dont know why it blows fuse for. Some wire that shouldnt probably be there like some other stuff im discovering. Cars all about "emissions" like thats cool.lmao.

·
Registered
17,479 Posts
The part that fits in connector may be grounded but the other end is not, a capacitor, it comes close to grounding but doesn't, how they work. Caps always ground but if power does get through to the ground it is bad. A 'screw with your head' potential voltage thing for college idiots to argue about...........

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
The "emissions" in this case are radio frequency ones, better for nearby radio/electronics when they're "filtered" out by the missing capacitor there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts