Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
greetings all -
first time on here -
got a '08 FUSION with 3.0 v6 auto trans and i have a strange coolant leak. small intermittent drips appearing on the front and bottom side of the engine/trans bellhousing mating area - but no trail (old OR new) leading to any component such as water pump (directly over) or t-stat housing (above and to the right). i have gotten it hot and let it sit overnight and let it cool down and put pressure tester on it and every concievable thing to make it leak MORE so i can see the source, but it refuses to cooperate. the pump and weep hole area and everything above and to the side are bone dry. I am almost wondering if there is a block porosity issue or maybe some kind of crack or leakage at rear of block behind bellhousing area. tried to stick my camera-on-a-stick in there but no good access.

being how all my tech experience is with GM vehicles I have no experience to draw on. do these have block issues? a freeze plug or something similar in there?

any ideas ? anybody run into this before?

[?|]

thanks for the help

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
With your having gone through ALL the typical (and some that non-techs wouldn't do) tests... I'm betting on a "cold water leak" that just shows up when it cools overnight.

Try putting a piece of paper over the drip area, to see what appears - then use your mirror to look above any drips....

it SOMETIMES works....

Luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts