Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I just purchased a 2012 Focus SE. It only has one key. It also didn't come with an instruction manual.

I was going through the menus, and I saw that it said "0 MyKeys" and "2 Admin keys."

I set up a MyKey with the only key I have. Now, it says "1 MyKey" and "1 Admin Key."

I'm assuming the admin key is the other key, which I do not have.

Is there a way to reset the whole MyKey thing, so that my one key becomes an admin key again? It's limiting me to 130 km/h and maybe other things like traction control.

Thanks so much,
Paul

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hello,
I just purchased a 2012 Focus SE. It only has one key. It also didn't come with an instruction manual.

I was going through the menus, and I saw that it said "0 MyKeys" and "2 Admin keys."

I set up a MyKey with the only key I have. Now, it says "1 MyKey" and "1 Admin Key."

I'm assuming the admin key is the other key, which I do not have.

Is there a way to reset the whole MyKey thing, so that my one key becomes an admin key again? It's limiting me to 130 km/h and maybe other things like traction control.

Thanks so much,
Paul
Have you addressed this with your dealer, Paul? I suggest reaching out to them if you haven't already to see if they know what's up. Also, please fill me in with your current odometer reading so I can look into any other options.

Brittany

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Brittany,
Thanks for the reply. My odometer is only 37700 km.
I plan to talk to Ocean Park Ford. I'm guessing I'll need to have a new key made.
Regards,
Paul

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hey Brittany,
Thanks for the reply. My odometer is only 37700 km.
I plan to talk to Ocean Park Ford. I'm guessing I'll need to have a new key made.
Regards,
Paul
Sounds like a plan, Paul! Let me know how it goes; if you have any questions, you know where to find me. ;)

Brittany

·
Registered
36 Posts
My '12 SEL Hatch only came with one key, which the dealership had to order when they lost the original set. So I'm in the same position - I only have one key, it's a MyKey, and there are two other keys to my car floating around somewhere in the universe. When they ordered the key, they promised me two keys and then just.... sort of.... never ordered the second one. It was a point of contention for the next 6 months before I moved to a different area and lost contact with them.

Hopefully you'll have better luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Brittany and zmartene,

I went to my nearest Ford dealer and tomorrow they'll place an order for a second laser-cut key. It will be an AdminKey, so I'll be able to clear the other key, as far as I understand.

Regards,
Paul

·
Registered
233 Posts
Thanks Brittany and zmartene,

I went to my nearest Ford dealer and tomorrow they'll place an order for a second laser-cut key. It will be an AdminKey, so I'll be able to clear the other key, as far as I understand.

Regards,
Paul
Glad to hear of the progress, Paul! I'm sure that the dealer will be able to help further to resolve this. If anything arises, I'll be here to help!

Brittany

1 - 8 of 8 Posts