Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who have a 2012 Focus, is the $800 worth it for the MyFord Touch and Sync package upgrade?

I need cruise control for sure, but wanted to know if people thought that the extra $400 upgrade for the extra electronics options (Sync and MyFord Touch) where worth the extra money, or should i just add cruise and save the $400 for something else?

I've heard mixed stories about MyFord Touch not working very well, and I had Sync in my 2010 Focus and loved it, but would have also been perfectly fine with the audio input jack as well.

·
Registered
155 Posts
For me, yes. It was one if the reasons I bought the car over the Jetta and the Cruze. I like my gadgets. Many people, including most of the automotive journalists that have reviewed the car probably would pay $800 to avoid it. If you are even asking yourself that question the answer is probably no.

·
Registered
191 Posts
No, too buggy, and unless you really need all that extra stuff, Sync already has plenty of multimedia goodies. I opted for Sync with Sirius, but avoided MFT like the plague.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Since I wanted the 10 speaker stereo system with subwoofer I had to get the MFT. I can only hope all the issues get ironed out sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think it absolutely worth it. I almost did not get MFT but I am glad I did. To all the car reviewers that keep complaining about MFT they just need to take some time to get used to it. The first couple of weeks I was frustrated but once you get all the commands down it becomes second nature. After 6 weeks I turned on the advanced options so the computer prompts are down to mostly beeps instead of voice prompts.

All in all a GREAT option on a GREAT car !

·
Registered
39 Posts
I love useing Sync and MFT...I did encounter the "Black Screen" just turned the car off and started it again and has been working fine..The Dealership is going to do the latest update and I believe that is suppose to cure a number of issues that others are expirenceing...But when the both work it is a lot of fun to use

·
Registered
395 Posts
I value the upgrade more of the speakers than anything else.

MFT buggy as hell, can't really even use it right.

·
Registered
781 Posts
it's not just for MFT but the upgraded stereo system, speakers, extra USB port, media jack, SD card slot. yes it's incredibly buggy right now but hopefully they'll be able to fix it in a few weeks/months. so was it worth it for me? yes. for you? maybe.

·
Registered
519 Posts
If you're looking at the SE like in your other post, it's not MyFord Touch, you'll receive MyFord, but no 8" touch screen. It's a 4.2" LCD screen.

If you are talking about the MFT, it's totally worth it and more...

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
i have mft in my sel and i like it.. a bit 'too much' yes but overall ok... i like my gadgets and the learning curve is very small.. i just hope ford will fix some the the 'buggy' things w/ the next update (radio going on by itself, etc....

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Is it possible to get just Sync and Cruise alone, without MFT? From what I saw, if you wanted Sync and Cruise, you had to get the Convenience pkg and the Sync/MyFord bundle as well.

I like Sync, but am having second thoughts about MFT. But I definately (above all) need the cruise.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I ordered an SE, and wanted Sync.

The only way I was able to get this and the Sport Package was to upgrade to the SE's highest audio package. This included Sirius, which I really didn't want but was stuck with. I'm not looking forward to getting Sirius mailings for the rest of my life.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I wanted all the toys and the 10 speaker stereo... So yes, definitely worth it for me. I even added the parking package even if I'll never use it, but the front sensors and backup camera are nice to have.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Is it possible to get just Sync and Cruise alone, without MFT? From what I saw, if you wanted Sync and Cruise, you had to get the Convenience pkg and the Sync/MyFord bundle as well.

I like Sync, but am having second thoughts about MFT. But I definately (above all) need the cruise.
You seem to be confusing MyFord with MyFordTouch. Those are two totally different things. You can get sync without MFT but not without MF. You should go onto fords website and use the option to build your own car to see exactly what options are available or not available. Here is a link for you: FORD

·
Registered
589 Posts

MyFord (MF) = 4.2 inch screen that isn't touch sensitive. MyFord includes Sync v.1

MyFord Touch (MFT) = 8 inch screen that is touch sensitive. MFT includes Sync v.2 (more voice commands).

1 - 20 of 52 Posts