Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So from my quick searching, it looks like the Nav can be installed on a car equipped with myford touch by the dealer after the car has been purchased. Correct?

How much does this run? Must a dealer do it? When I look online, the option is $795 MSRP and $690 Invoice. I can get it for invoice when I buy the car, I was just wondering how much more then invoice it should run me to do it later.

Also, how much do map updates run?

Finally, if you have the navigation installed, how well does it work? Is there a way to enter in destinations on the touch screen while its moving (its helpful to have my passenger put in destinations while we are moving sometimes)? I know some cars have a way to disable the annoying "don't enter anything in", and my Garmin allows me to enter stuff in while I'm moving.

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Moved to "Car Audio & Electronics"

I think your best bet would be to call up your local dealer and see what they can do for you.

·
Registered
416 Posts
By MFT, I'm assuming you have the full display for radio, A/C, and phone? What's at the top right?

And if you have the USB, SD-card, and AV jacks in the console...the SD-slot is where the Navigation card is plugged in. That's basically the brundt of the cost there, is the SD card.

·
Registered
416 Posts
oh, and how well does it work? It does take some time to get familiar, but after awhile it's pretty easy to do the voice commands to get to where you're going.

To get to Best Buy just say....Desitination, POI, Nearby, Name, "Best Buy"

·
Registered
254 Posts
So from my quick searching, it looks like the Nav can be installed on a car equipped with myford touch by the dealer after the car has been purchased. Correct?

How much does this run? Must a dealer do it? When I look online, the option is $795 MSRP and $690 Invoice. I can get it for invoice when I buy the car, I was just wondering how much more then invoice it should run me to do it later.
\
Everything I've read has said that right now you can not get the Nav system after the car is built and that Ford may at some point make it available as an option that can be added later.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
I heard that they are having alot of problems with mft..just what i heard.....that's why you dont buy anything first out LOL because your bound to have problems with it :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So, I ordered the car with nav installed.

Does anyone know if a method for enabling the nav touchscreen while driving has been discovered? (some sort of bypass or wiring trick maybe?) It would be helpful to allow my passenger to program the nav while I am driving...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts